Page 75 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

The "Fake News Inforum" person is actually a Bison fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    So is it subtraction by addition with you guy's going to the MVFC now?
    I had hoped not, but given the last two seasons ...

Bubba did a lot of work to fix Mussman's mess.
    That said, there's a still lot of work to be done to fix UND Football football and an OC and OL coach wasn't enough in my opinion.
    Bubba took UMD to a point, as far as he could; Nielsen had to take them over the hump. I think UND is at Bubba's limits.

At this point NDSU has more than a handful of options already on staff that are better than Bubba should Klieman go. That's just objective reality.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I had hoped not, but given the last two seasons ...

Bubba did a lot of work to fix Mussman's mess.
    That said, there's a still lot of work to be done to fix UND Football football and an OC and OL coach wasn't enough in my opinion.
    Bubba took UMD to a point, as far as he could; Nielsen had to take them over the hump. I think UND is at Bubba's limits.

At this point NDSU has more than a handful of options already on staff that are better than Bubba should Klieman go. That's just objective reality.
    Unless you F'Hawkers drop hockey or treat it like the niche sport it is, your football program isn't going to excel at any DI level.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I really hope Chris doesn't get this job, and not even because I want him to stay. Their fans are completely ripping him already. They don't want him, like at all. I get he could win them over, but jeez. Screw them.

Bwahahaha! I'm guessing whoever @R_Schaley is changed his Twitter display name to "McFeely is a no talent clickbait hack" after this story was published???

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I have yet to find the "majority" to their "minority".

Another hopeful note on the assistant front. They covet Texas and Oklahoma as recruiting areas. Maybe CK keeps some K State assistants with ties there? Might not leave the cupboard bare.
    Perhaps you haven’t been paying attention. The cupboard is already bare in Manhattan. You would know that if you had watched random quarters of football over the past two years. This staff cannot recruit and any K State fan that thinks do is either on meth or has had a severe head injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Unless you F'Hawkers drop hockey or treat it like the niche sport it is, your football program isn't going to excel at any DI level.
    While hockey is a niche sport.... It would be silly for the fhawks to take money from their only legitimate men's sport

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Perhaps you haven’t been paying attention. The cupboard is already bare in Manhattan. You would know that if you had watched random quarters of football over the past two years. This staff cannot recruit and any K State fan that thinks do is either on meth or has had a severe head injury.
    I meant our cupboard bare, vis a vis, coaches.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/s...73533743616000

Interesting rumblings today on Kansas State. I've heard various candidate combinations, all with North Dakota State's Chris Klieman, most with Memphis' Mike Norvell, some with Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt. Troy's Neal Brown, I'm told, also in consideration. Brown is unique because he followed a veteran coach (Larry Blakeney) and took over a Troy program that had been struggling a bit, like Kansas State is now. He's 30-8 since 2016.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The KS money would surely be nice if money is everything, but not following a legend forced into retirement and whose staff you have to inherit and a program in need of fresh blood. This sounds like a set up to ensure the next coach fails. I would be interested to be the coach after the coach who replaced Snyder and that shouldn't take too long.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!