Page 50 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Are we sure they are turning it down or was klieman the top guy all along. Seems weird a guy wouldn't leave unt for ksu
    That guy didn't have a choice. He wasn't offered the job at K State. They chose to spin it that he wanted to stay at North Texas.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Are we sure they are turning it down or was klieman the top guy all along. Seems weird a guy wouldn't leave unt for ksu
    Not sure but I can't believe Klieman would be the top guy over some of the other names involved. You're right it seems weird that these other guys are dropping out for some reason. Would make me a little leery as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    That guy didn't have a choice. He wasn't offered the job at K State. They chose to spin it that he wanted to stay at North Texas.
    That's what I'm thinking. I bet kleiman has always been Gene's guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Need to keep Kramer at all costs. Would like to keep most of the staff but at the very least need to keep a guy like Roehl who has lived the program from day 1 and knows what it takes to maintain it at this level.
    Kramer Roehl and Hedberg would be top targets to try and retain with ties to NDSU and Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If we had to lose Klieman, Him going to Kstate would be about a best case scenario. Gene has been through the transition at our level and maybe I am naive but I don't think he would do anything to hurt us. There would be a very large pool of assistants that Klieman could pull from hopefully leaving some here for a smoother transition.

The biggest one is if Klieman succeeds at K state it just makes the NDSU job that much more desirable down the road as it shows you can jump from NDSU to P5.

Since my biggest concern is keeping our recruiting class intact through signing day.
    Question I have as I don't follow twitter, is this class pretty tight and have a few leaders that can lean on each other and keep it together through a new coach signing the way we had with this senior class during the last coaching transition?
    This is actually my concern at this point.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

KState fans are clueless. You can't help them. Just idiots. If he goes, I'm happy for him as he's earned it and will kill it there. Bring defense back to the Big XII. If he stays, I'm VERY HAPPY as I enjoy him and his staff here. I know Bohl built NDSU to what it is, but Kleiman is my favorite coach to date. He's genuine, hard-working and doesn't come across as a used car salesman. Best wishes to whichever way this goes.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

As for Coach Kramer, if memory serves, he had 1-2 children going to school in Fargo when Bohl left that would not have been going with him. I heard that was a big player in him staying. Wonder if anything has changed there? (ie kids in college, etc)

After the Ron Prince debacle the last time Snyder left, the EMAW faithful are going to want some assurance.

The new coach will also be on a short leash.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Kramer Roehl and Hedberg would be top targets to try and retain with ties to NDSU and Fargo.
    Hedberg is clearly the most qualified in house for head coach. Question is does he want that at his age? I had the impression he was "coming home" to finish his career when he came.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Venables making over $ 1 million a year living in Clemson SC......hard to pry him from there...
    I would guess for a guy with his pedigree they could get boosters at K-State to triple that easily. Snyder reportedly made $3.45M.

Not to mention that Venables is a K-State alum and former assistant.