Page 91 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

K-State is a mess right now. The people close to the program know this. How some of the message board material has made it into news reporting is a joke. Think about it....that's like reporting Bisonville posts and memes as if it's real news and dictating how decisions are made. K-State fans seem to forget Bill Snyder's only head coaching experience before he arrived at KSU was at the high school level. They would be lucky to get Klieman.

Snyder was not going to step down when it was announced. Gene, boosters and coaches (including Sean) had to work together to convince him. Why do you think Bill has yet to make a public statement? The announcement was made by the Manhattan Mercury and the President and Gene made statements.

The program has been trending down for some time and a lot of it had to do with Snyder's antiquated ways. His clamps on the recruiting process was severely hindering getting kids. Kids were threatening to leave if Snyder STAYED! There' been in-fighting between Bill and assistants this year regarding QB decisions. Snyder and the last AD barely communicated due to a rift.

There is this weird 'Family' culture they cling to and it's become disfunctional but seems to get glossed over because the money keeps pouring in. I think Littrell saw the challenge there and made his decision. I'm sure there are strings attached that require certain assistants to remain on staff. I'm not sure Sean is one of them, but I'd bet Collin Klein is.

I wish the best for Klieman but I think the K-State job isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I wish the best for Klieman but I think the K-State job isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE mOnEy?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE mOnEy?

It's significant.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

That is the only reason to take that job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

As much as Gene loves NDSU and knows all about the shakeup that happens when changing coaches during a playoff run he has to do what's best for K State. He's not going to jeopardize his status or K State's ability to start building their next team/coaches/etc to make it easy on NDSU. And no one should blame him for that either. His job is to do what's best for KSU.

Coach will be named this week.

There are no positives for KSU to wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    As much as Gene loves NDSU and knows all about the shakeup that happens when changing coaches during a playoff run he has to do what's best for K State. He's not going to jeopardize his status or K State's ability to start building their next team/coaches/etc to make it easy on NDSU. And no one should blame him for that either. His job is to do what's best for KSU.

This. It doesn't matter how much Gene enjoyed his time in Fargo (or didn't), he works for k-state now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    This. It doesn't matter how much Gene enjoyed his time in Fargo (or didn't), he works for k-state now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    The problem with this, as has been noted already, is that it doesn’t seem likes it’s all Gene’s decision.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

There is this weird 'Family' culture they cling to and it's become disfunctional but seems to get glossed over because the money keeps pouring in. I think Littrell saw the challenge there and made his decision. I'm sure there are strings attached that require certain assistants to remain on staff. I'm not sure Sean is one of them, but I'd bet Collin Klein is.

But if there were an AD and coach who together could create a ‘Family’ culture, I’ll take GT and CK.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Even if the coach is named this week that still gets cl to the game on friday.

But if ck cant finish out the season he might not take the job.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Very unique situation when you add the Snyder element.