Page 90 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's probably been posted already in this thread but when I saw that bouncing around Twitter yesterday I really thought McFeely was jumping to conclusions with the headline that K-State is cooling on him. He seemed to base that entirely off Klieman's postgame comments and I think it's pretty naive to assume Klieman would do anything except downplay his possible prospects at taking a new job in a setting like that press conference was in.
    I wonder if the K State/CK thing was overhyped to begin with.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't think so. The hire makes a lot of practical sense on many levels, given the situation.

I could be completely off base, but at this point I don't think it will be CK. Too risky for GT, even though it makes the most sense from every possible perspective, given the 'unique' situation that is KSU football. A scenario like this is certainly the best way for us to lose a coach. The KSU fan base fails to understand that NDSU is basically a top level G5 program stuck in FCS due to outside forces.

CK will get his shot and it will come sooner rather than later. He can do better than KSU as coordinator, and then try to end up as HC at one of the P5 Iowa schools, assuming that’s what he wants.

This NDSU team that he has crafted is a thing of remarkable beauty. Keep the train rolling. Friday gonna be lit.

It's possible. Other than football scoop saying K-State is "zeroing in on Klieman" all the other reports have just been that he's one of the contenders which has kind of been the case since Snyder announced his retirement. I guess Littrell pulling his name out amped up the speculation that Klieman could be the guy but it also amped up the speculation that Norvell or Leavitt could be the guy. If we take Klieman as being completely transparent about this (which is also probably pretty naive) his comments jive with all the reports saying he's "one of" the prime candidates rather than "the" prime candidate. And I highly doubt that changed between Friday and Saturday like McFeely is insinuating.

There sure seems to be a lot of smoke there though...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's possible. Other than football scoop saying K-State is "zeroing in on Klieman" all the other reports have just been that he's one of the contenders which has kind of been the case since Snyder announced his retirement. I guess Littrell pulling his name out amped up the speculation that Klieman could be the guy but it also amped up the speculation that Norvell or Leavitt could be the guy. If we take Klieman as being completely transparent about this (which is also probably pretty naive) his comments jive with all the reports saying he's "one of" the prime candidates rather than "the" prime candidate. And I highly doubt that changed between Friday and Saturday like McFeely is insinuating.

There sure seems to be a lot of smoke there though...
    CK being a candidate for a P5 job would create a ton of hype here and nowhere else. His relationship with GT is the only thing that has him tied to the job. He has no recruiting ties, the boosters don't want him, the fans don't want him. KU just hired Les freakin Miles. If there was the wrong time for K State to hire CK, this would be 100% it.

Just because we love him doesn't mean he's a lock.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CK being a candidate for a P5 job would create a ton of hype here and nowhere else. His relationship with GT is the only thing that has him tied to the job. He has no recruiting ties, the boosters don't want him, the fans don't want him. KU just hired Les freakin Miles. If there was the wrong time for K State to hire CK, this would be 100% it.

Just because we love him doesn't mean he's a lock.
    It is clear about the fans, but how do we know this is true?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It is clear about the fans, but how do we know this is true?

we don't really know anything is true, do we?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we don't really know anything is true, do we?
    I get it---you are an existentialist.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I get it---you are an existentialist.
    I'm feeling more like a nihilist these days.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whomever the next coach is they better be from the defensive side of the ball IMO.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I kind of like what Izzo and company said on the post game show. "K State is a good Big 12 program, but not an elite program"

Your average bobo from Topeka thinks K State is an elite program, they most certainly are not.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯