Page 44 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Lots of politics involved in replacing a Hall Of Fame coach like Bill Snyder. And given the fact K State has the money to hire a big name, I don't think they have to take a risk. Looking at fans, they would hate it

My prediction is Klieman is a fall back offer if they cant get a top name.

I think he would be a great head coach and I would be happy for him.

As far as hiring a replacement if it happened, Larson would have to take a page out of Gene Taylor's book and hire someone to keep the general system in place. Either am internal hire or a previous Bison coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

go read emaw.com ZERO... 0 ZERO chance they pick Klieman!

Gene Taylor will help him out and give him an interview I bet.

But these fargo media jokes with thier hard ons for klieman to k state for media clicks are completely mentally challenged!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Lots of politics involved in replacing a Hall Of Fame coach like Bill Snyder. And given the fact K State has the money to hire a big name, I don't think they have to take a risk. Looking at fans, they would hate it

My prediction is Klieman is a fall back offer if they cant get a top name.

I think he would be a great head coach and I would be happy for him.

As far as hiring a replacement if it happened, Larson would have to take a page out of Gene Taylor's book and hire someone to keep the general system in place. Either am internal hire or a previous Bison coach
    Taking over the reins of a winning program and building a winning program are two totally different monsters, both can be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Taking over the reins of a winning program and building a winning program are two totally different monsters, both can be difficult.
    Bill Snyder is the epitome of a winning program. You take out his first 5 years and he's only had like 3 losing seasons.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Klieman asked if has had contact with Gene Taylor at press conference---said no he had not

My thought is that if he was a serious candidate (at this time) the ink wouldn't have been dry on Snyder's retirement paperwork and Coach K would have been contacted. With that being said, if Plans A - C/D go nowhere, then there's an outside chance of him getting spoken to. I agree with previous posters...K-State has the $ to after a higher-profile guy. Especially since KU hired Les Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Coach Klieman asked if has had contact with Gene Taylor at press conference---said no he had not
    His agent may have though... Plausible deniability…
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Brent Venables (Clemson D coordinator) takes K State Head coach spot. Dabo Sweeney hires Coach K to Clemson D coordinator. Coach K has been down to Clemson several times past 3-4 years for coaching clinics as visiting speaker.

Klieman to Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    Klieman to Ohio State
    Nah. That's Bo's next stop.