Page 43 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    McCarthy to JMU!!!!
    I am waiting for Mike Houston to announce he has an ECU offer but is waiting to hear from the Packers
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Exactly. Would KSU be lucky to have CK? Of course. But if GT hires him and things go poorly, Genes putting himself on the chopping block. People like gene don’t get where they are by taking risks.
    How old is Gene? If he takes a risk, what exactly would he be risking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

If I was KSU and Gene - I would target Jeff Monken (Head coach Army). He does have some ties to him with the playoff runs in the past.

Gene does have a strong tied to the service academies. Army recruits nationally.

I believe the system he runs could work at a place like Kansas State and he is a no-nonsense type of coach. He has been at Georgia Southern and Army winning big at both locations. KSU historically had won by controlling the tempo of the game by running the football.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    If I was KSU and Gene - I would target Jeff Monken (Head coach Army). He does have some ties to him with the playoff runs in the past.

Gene does have a strong tied to the service academies. Army recruits nationally.

I believe the system he runs could work at a place like Kansas State and he is a no-nonsense type of coach. He has been at Georgia Southern and Army winning big at both locations. KSU historically had won by controlling the tempo of the game by running the football.
    Monken may go to Georgia Tech

Maybe this is just a Pollyanna view of Coach Klieman but is it possible he's happy at the helm of the NDSU ship and life in Fargo? We're all familiar with the Peter Principal, rising to the level of incompetence. I read an article by a man who had his own take on the PP, "The higher a monkey climbs the more you see his ass." Although I've never met Coach Klieman he seems to be a man of integrity. Yes, I get the insane amount of money that gets thrown at high level athletes and coaches. But how much is enough to enjoy your life? Go Bison! Pollyanna

Quote Originally Posted by BizfrmBotno View Post
    Maybe this is just a Pollyanna view of Coach Klieman but is it possible he's happy at the helm of the NDSU ship and life in Fargo? We're all familiar with the Peter Principal, rising to the level of incompetence. I read an article by a man who had his own take on the PP, "The higher a monkey climbs the more you see his ass." Although I've never met Coach Klieman he seems to be a man of integrity. Yes, I get the insane amount of money that gets thrown at high level athletes and coaches. But how much is enough to enjoy your life? Go Bison! Pollyanna
    Don't ever suggest that. CK has to leave, BV has deemed it so.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Klieman leaves eventually for the right position.

I'd be stunned if he retires in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Klieman leaves eventually for the right position.

I'd be stunned if he retires in Fargo.
    Let's just fire him and get this over with.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Considering the average salary at a Big 12 school is $3.5M, no.

For that kind of money, you need to go. Keep your house in Fargo and if in 4 years it isn’t working, I’m guessing NDSU finds room for you in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Let's just fire him and get this over with.
    ah, the classic "break up before he leaves you"....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯