Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Isn't Brent Venables kind of a slam dunk hire for K-State? Bigtime coordinator, Kansas native who played and coached there.
    I believe Ben Leber called him one of his best coaches ever...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Isn't Brent Venables kind of a slam dunk hire for K-State? Bigtime coordinator, Kansas native who played and coached there.
    Not with Snyder trying to leverage in his son as his successor.

Colorado fired their head coach

For the permanent job, George wants to hire a recognizable name with previous head-coaching experience, sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg. Possible candidates include former Oregon coach and Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich, Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin, and West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen, who may be interested in making a move after the season.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Not with Snyder trying to leverage in his son as his successor.
    Gene Taylor will be glad when this is over When you let a coach stick around way too many years because way to many people want to live in the past, that is what you get "hard feelings"... And often times others lose their jobs!!! Klieman isnt getting KSU.

I'd GUESS that KSU's #1 Target Is Brent Venables, as he has the flashiest "Sex Appeal" to their entitled fan base. That being said, Brent is knocking down serious cash at a perennial CFP team, getting a chance at legit national championships every single year... do you think he'd want to make slightly more money to have a team that will NEVER make it to the CFP?

I dont ultimately believe that Klieman gets the HC position at KSU.. but I do know that he has a pretty stellar relationship with the Clemson Coaching staff. If Venables does indeed get hired at KSU, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest is Klieman gets hired as a DC there or (and it would be a long shot) Clemson.
    Last edited by MankatoBison; 11-20-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: would to wouldn't
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My most prestigious opinion is that if Klieman leaves it'll be for a DC position some place and not as a head coach. Until then he is our head coach and I won't respond anymore until it is announced that he is in fact going to leave. Just giving a heads up.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'd GUESS that KSU's #1 Target Is Brent Venables, as he has the flashiest "Sex Appeal" to their entitled fan base. That being said, Brent is knocking down serious cash at a perennial CFP team, getting a chance at legit national championships every single year... do you think he'd want to make slightly more money to have a team that will NEVER make it to the CFP?

I dont ultimately believe that Klieman gets the HC position at KSU.. but I do know that he has a pretty stellar relationship with the Clemson Coaching staff. If Venables does indeed get hired at KSU, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest is Klieman gets hired as a DC there or (and it would be a long shot) Clemson.
    Crap. Now I'm worried about this coaching domino effect taking out Klieman. This scenario isn't so far fetched not be be concerned about.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If that were the case he had better stay away from our recruits! Don't need a bunch of North Dakota kids heading over to play at Clemson or Kansas State.

There is some purple here but would think it would be cool for a ND kid to end up at a "Big Time" school like that.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If that were the case he had better stay away from our recruits! Don't need a bunch of North Dakota kids heading over to play at Clemson or Kansas State.

There is some purple here but would think it would be cool for a ND kid to end up at a "Big Time" school like that.
    LOL!!! I dont think that Clemson and KSU are gonna interfere with the Bison recruiting train.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post

Clemson gets first pick at the best of the best. They would never go to the midwest. The whole idea is laughable. Now K State is similar but geographically speaking, I could see them target a few. But Kstate has always been a majority Kansas kids with some Missouri and Texas sprinkled in

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com