Page 23 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.
    Having the right leadership in the weight room for the offseason S&C program is also vital. I still think that retaining Kramer when Bohl left was almost as important as retaining Klieman in terms of keeping this train barreling down the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    That's my problem with the article. If Kansas State loses it's next two games, then Bill Snyder might step down, then his son might not get the job, then Gene Taylor might hire Chris Klieman.

I actually don't have a problem with the what happens after he leaves talk, because it's an interesting discussion. But speculating when and where is just silly. Craig Bohl left for freaking Wyoming doing the middle of a playoff run.
    I think it was assumed (dangerous I know) that his son would get the job.
    Could be interesting to follow. I’m sure our staff has thought about this.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't really blame McFeely since Bisonville had a thread about this long before he brought it up.

That said, every time this thread pops to the top of the board (and here I am doing it), it's like "<Insert name of diety>! Not this <insert expletive modifier(s)> <insert synonym for excrement> again!" I don't see the entertainment value or usefulness of it, and here I am bumping it to the top. The AD will make the choice without our input and, hopefully, with a lot more expertise.

Yes, Chris Klieman could take a new opportunity, but, just like with Bohl, it'll probably come as a surprise though no matter how many times people post "Omigod! An FBS job opened up! CK is going to get it!" I'm with BisonLaw, this seems not only pointless but kind of stupid considering the timing. Why not go to recruits' twitter feeds and ask them who they would want to have on a new coaching staff? Hint: Because it's GD stupid, that's why.

No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.
    The purpose of these such sites is exactly what this thread is doing, Speculation, talk, banter, chatter, discussion. Actually, discussing this topic right after its touched on by USA today and McFeeley in his article makes this the precise reason to have such banter. WAIT!!! Maybe we should keep topics only on discussing over, and over and over and over statistics???? You know, no thought, no imagination, NO OPINONS, just the facts being 'hard statistics'. Now thats fun!! We can call it STATISTICSVILLE

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Having the right leadership in the weight room for the offseason S&C program is also vital. I still think that retaining Kramer when Bohl left was almost as important as retaining Klieman in terms of keeping this train barreling down the tracks.
    You nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    The purpose of these such sites is exactly what this thread is doing, Speculation, talk, banter, chatter, discussion. Actually, discussing this topic right after its touched on by USA today and McFeeley in his article makes this the precise reason to have such banter. WAIT!!! Maybe we should keep topics only on discussing over, and over and over and over statistics???? You know, no thought, no imagination, NO OPINONS, just the facts being 'hard statistics'. Now thats fun!! We can call it STATISTICSVILLE
    No, I just prefer entertaining threads. I don't happen to get any entertainment from "omigod the coach leaving" threads even when they are started in the off-season. That's an opinion. Do you really find the topic of this thread entertaining?

Note: If CK gets an opportunity and wants to pursue it, really, no coach deserves it more, and I think he'd be up for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    You do realize who runs this place, right?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

FCS head coach to Power5 head coach is quite a leap for any AD to make and sell to his/her University. If you are wrong you are gone and probably never get another Power5 AD job. It would take nuts the size of bowling balls and made out of titanium. Now Clemson DC to Kstate and Klieman to Clemson as DC is a interesting thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You need to work on your reading comprehension. Do I need to explain what this statement means?----To my knowledge...nobody is after him at this juncture.
    Nothing was said or inferred to the future.

You sure fall apart pretty easily. But your non-sensical ramblings are always amusing when you do.
    The word "after" implicitly implies something in the future. It is the actual definition of the word. "after: defined as located farther aft". When used in regards to time, it refers to a time in the future.

I guess someone didn't watch enough sesame street as a kid to learn such complex words as "After"

Goodness Gracious PL
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I just heard from a very reliable source at Chubs Pub that Klieman has a standing offer at KSU and they are working out the financials. This is done deal people and coach K wont be around by Thanksgiving. I also heard that some of the seniors wont be showing up this week for senior day and may even quit. This is really starting to look BAD!!!!!