Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, than Gene lied to me in a conversation.
    Was he the first one Gene talked to in order to gauge his interest or the one Gene wanted to offer the job to first? As I understood it he wanted both Vigen and Klieman to essentially interview for the HC job and Vigen declined to. I'd imagine that Vigen would've been the first one Gene talked to due to his seniority in the program but I'd be surprised if he was already set on offering the job to Vigen if he agreed to stick around without gauging what Klieman's intentions were first.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Was he the first one Gene talked to in order to gauge his interest or the one Gene wanted to offer the job to first? As I understood it he wanted both Vigen and Klieman to essentially interview for the HC job and Vigen declined to. I'd imagine that Vigen would've been the first one Gene talked to due to his seniority in the program but I'd be surprised if he was already set on offering the job to Vigen if he agreed to stick around without gauging what Klieman's intentions were first.
    Good points.

I think he wins a few more rings and starts looking for a greater challenge......and takes over the basketball coaching duties. Takes us to the Final Four 6x in 7 years.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hopefully this thread is more than premature...just downright the product of a bored mind...but considering Nebraska stops paying Pellini after this year, they could back up the truck and dump serious cash for a DC to help drive the program. Frost will get a decently long chance at HC, but they need help everywhere and there seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth among Big Red fans about all the recruits they lose to other programs...NDSU is always mentioned. I think the first choice is Entz, Messingham needs to focus on offense and keep it that way for a while, but while we are dreaming, how about Mike Leach or Mike Gundy...the pressers would be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Hopefully this thread is more than premature...just downright the product of a bored mind...but considering Nebraska stops paying Pellini after this year, they could back up the truck and dump serious cash for a DC to help drive the program. Frost will get a decently long chance at HC, but they need help everywhere and there seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth among Big Red fans about all the recruits they lose to other programs...NDSU is always mentioned. I think the first choice is Entz, Messingham needs to focus on offense and keep it that way for a while, but while we are dreaming, how about Mike Leach or Mike Gundy...the pressers would be a blast.
    I don't think the money they were paying Pelini had any effect on the rest of their coaching salaries. Those P5 big shots will pay 3 different HCs at once if their AD's trigger finger is twitchy enough. I think Charlies Weis is still getting paychecks from Notre Dame and Kansas and he isn't employed by either right now.

I apologize if it's already been said. I think that the next coaching change will be incredibly challenging in keeping this dynasty moving business as usual. It seems like Klieman puts a big emphasis on keeping a staff together. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and takes most of the staff. Id love to see Scott Hazelton come back. When he returned as D coordinator it was a huge turn around for the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    I apologize if it's already been said. I think that the next coaching change will be incredibly challenging in keeping this dynasty moving business as usual. It seems like Klieman puts a big emphasis on keeping a staff together. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and takes most of the staff. Id love to see Scott Hazelton come back. When he returned as D coordinator it was a huge turn around for the Bison.
    Yeah that's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think the money they were paying Pelini had any effect on the rest of their coaching salaries. Those P5 big shots will pay 3 different HCs at once if their AD's trigger finger is twitchy enough. I think Charlies Weis is still getting paychecks from Notre Dame and Kansas and he isn't employed by either right now.
    ND quit playing Weis a couple years back. Kansas... should be wrapping up around this time too.
    College of Business Alumnus

This thread is bad juju. Not that I am ever superstitious.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    This thread is bad juju. Not that I am ever superstitious.
    Just hope that no one starts a "Who's after Jim Kramer?" thread.

Anyway uhhhh….. Vigen blah blah, Hazelton some-such, Entz and so on, Belichick etc etc.