Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

I think Id be ready to give it to Entz if it happens

Farley probably wants a change of scenery

Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Do you think he'll coach here for the next 15-20 years?

Did anyone think that Bohl would? I mean Bohl left for a vastly inferior program in a subpar conference that more than doubled what we could have possibly afforded to pay him.

Sooner than later Klieman will get a much better offer than Wyoming and while it may be a hard choice to make I think he'll take it.
    Nobody knows what coach wants, what hes thinking, or what his goals are so publicly discussing it is asinine and completely stupid

Maybe hes looking, maybe hes content making almost a half million for the next decade, or maybe hes waiting for an opportunity.

The head coach at Appalachian State Jerry Moore spent 23 years there. Heck it took Bohl a decade to get an offer he liked and Klieman is 10 years younger.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    My opinion is Nebraska is the next call for Klieman if one of his connections at Clemson or thereabouts don't materialize. Scott Frost is not going to survive another year if it looks anything like this year.
    Nebraska didn't shell out huge $ to lure Frost back to his alma mater to fix a program in 2 years or else. He's not going anywhere. Cupboard was bare, he gets minimum 4-5 years to make it happen.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    Nebraska didn't shell out huge $ to lure Frost back to his alma mater to fix a program in 2 years or else. He's not going anywhere. Cupboard was bare, he gets minimum 4-5 years to make it happen.
    They are also paying 3 head coaches this year. They aren't in a hurry to pay another one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nobody knows what coach wants, what hes thinking, or what his goals are so publicly discussing it is asinine and completely stupid

Maybe hes looking, maybe hes content making almost a half million for the next decade, or maybe hes waiting for an opportunity.

The head coach at Appalachian State Jerry Moore spent 23 years there. Heck it took Bohl a decade to get an offer he liked and Klieman is 10 years younger.
    Who would of thought you would be the voice of reason ?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Good post. He is young, & money is not everything.

Money isn't everything....but nobody other than Rocky Hager wants to coach NDSU for life. NDSU was nice enough to provide a photo of him for him to sign for my dad for Christmas a couple years back. My grandma was his childhood babysitter. Looks great in his office.

If Klieman gets an big league opportunity to leave, he's gone. I don't know why anyone would look at that as a bad thing. You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves. Being a stepping stone is not a bad thing at all, if NDSU gets a rep as a solid launch point for careers like the Miami(OH) used to have, thats a great place to be. NDSU will never be a destination job, but it can be a great place to swing by for a few years for a coach to go to prove they can keep a good thing going.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Good post. He is young, & money is not everything.
    Money is always a factor but Klieman made more in year one than Bohl made in year 10. Its not power 5 money but with incentives he is approaching a half million per year and hes made over 2 million as head coach since hes been here. Do that for another 5-10 years and by 99% of the worlds standards, you're rich.

Maybe his goal is to be super rich? Maybe he likes a coaching staff full of close friends and childhood buddies. Maybe some day he gets bored and wants a new challenge. Maybe he prefers being a Coordinator instead of a head coach. Maybe he wants to be an NFL coach. Maybe he plans on coaching here for another decade. That's his business. I'm just glad hes our guy and as far as I'm concerned, he could sign a lifetime contract and we could double his salary. Hes worth every penny.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Money is always a factor but Klieman made more in year one than Bohl made in year 10. Its not power 5 money but with incentives he is approaching a half million per year and hes made over 2 million as head coach since hes been here. Do that for another 5-10 years and by 99% of the worlds standards, you're rich.

Maybe his goal is to be super rich? Maybe he likes a coaching staff full of close friends and childhood buddies. Maybe some day he gets bored and wants a new challenge. Maybe he prefers being a Coordinator instead of a head coach. Maybe he wants to be an NFL coach. Maybe he plans on coaching here for another decade. That's his business. I'm just glad hes our guy and as far as I'm concerned, he could sign a lifetime contract and we could double his salary. Hes worth every penny.
    Typically guys go to the NFL a good bit younger, don't they? Erhardt went at 42. Bradley at 40. Babich at 41. Klieman is in his 50's. I think he could coach a team like Iowa State if he gets lucky, or be a coordinator at a bigger P5 if he can snag it. He might just stay at NDSU a few more years and call it good depending on his spending habits. North Dakota/Iowa(if he retires at home) aren't exactly expensive places. He's not far from retirement age if he's disciplined.
    College of Business Alumnus