Page 96 of 141 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Hmmm, well CK isn’t reassuring Bison Nation by staying mum.
    He gave out all the information possible. What more can he do? Hes had a discussion but no offer yet.

If he gets an offer and takes it, I will be happy for him. If he doesnt, I will be happy.

Since we've learned that they want to keep the current Snyder system in place, I'm not worried at all. This will be an easy transition.

Klieman goes to KSU. Matt Larson offers either Entz, Messingham, or Hedberg. One accepts the job. Promote a current coach. Fill the position. Done deal. Or hire an outside guy with Bison ties who keeps out system in place.

Or he doesnt get offered and no changes.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If it is actually 50/50 how is it more likely than not.
    You see, there’s this old saying about pessimists and optimists that goes something like...

“A half empty glass is worth 2 in the bush.” ...wait that’s not it... it’s...

“You’re barking up the wrong half full glass.” ...hmm, no...

Wait, it’s gotta be YOUR bull...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He gave out all the information possible. What more can he do? Hes had a discussion but no offer yet.

If he gets an offer and takes it, I will be happy for him. If he doesnt, I will be happy.

Since we've learned that they want to keep the current Snyder system in place, I'm not worried at all. This will be an easy transition.

Klieman goes to KSU. Matt Larson offers either Entz, Messingham, or Hedberg. One accepts the job. Promote a current coach. Fill the position. Done deal. Or hire an outside guy with Bison ties who keeps out system in place.

Or he doesnt get offered and no changes.
    My post was in regards to today and the football show. The topic was apparently overlooked.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    at no time did I argue he wouldn't take it. I'm stating that the money is probably the only upside, which to me is no upside.
    2 mil more a year is not an upside? Pretty ridiculous statement. Plus a power 5 job would be huge for his resume and chance to move up even more.

So the consensus seems to be that CK is waiting by the phone and it's just a matter of whether or not KSU allows Gene to make the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    My post was in regards to today and the football show. The topic was apparently overlooked.
    I wouldn't say that's very surprising. The show is produced by NDSU so it's not like they're going to try to put him on the spot and he tried to downplay everything as "just a conversation" in his postgame comments yesterday. I'd be 99.9% sure that if JJ asked him in the coach's show he would've said the same type of thing like "We had a conversation a few days ago and that's all I know blah blah blah".

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    So the consensus seems to be that CK is waiting by the phone and it's just a matter of whether or not KSU allows Gene to make the offer.
    Yep. If Taylor makes the offer he's gone... the only question is will Taylor make the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    2 mil more a year is not an upside? Pretty ridiculous statement. Plus a power 5 job would be huge for his resume and chance to move up even more.
    If money was the only reason to go, Seth Littrel would have been announced already.

KSU is the only P5 job available at present and their choices are Norvell, Brown, and Klieman That should tell you all you need to know about the job.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From the guys that brought you the "don't hire Klieman" infographic.....

Comes this:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If money was the only reason to go, Seth Littrel would have been announced already.

KSU is the only P5 job available at present and their choices are Norvell, Brown, and Klieman That should tell you all you need to know about the job.
    Nobody would mistake KSU as a premier job. It's on the lower end in terms of P5. But it's still P5

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

GT should just offer the job to Sean Snyder and walk out the door double birds blazin'. K-State doesn't deserve a guy like GT.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk