Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is my take on it.

Gene Taylor really wants Klieman
    KSU fans want a high profile coach
    Coach Klieman wants to finish out the season at NDSU

So---KSU starts a nation wide search to appease KSU fans and to stretch out the timeline so Klieman can finish out the season. Gene Taylor is very sensitive to this scenario because of the bull**** that happened with Bohl. Some time after the semi finals they announce that Klieman is the coach.
    But he will coach in the natty and Entz will be named the new coach at NDSU. In the mean time KSU will retain all the current assistant coaches to keep recruiting. After the natty Klieman will interview the coaches on staff at KSU to see who will be retained and who wont. Just like most transitions when a new coach comes in. This will also give Entz an opportunity to fill out his staff so when the time comes the transition will be seamless.
    If I had to put money on an outcome, this would be it. Klieman's phrasing of his responses in the presser left it open that he and Gene agreed on things like, if you're going to make a formal offer, inform my agent but I've asked my agent to not inform me until after the semi so I can honestly answer that I have not been offered the job (or some similar arrangement). I don't think KSU can wait into January so if it really is a pretty much done deal, I think we'll hear shortly after the SDSU game.

However things go, I wish Coach all the best. Before Bohl we only asked 2 Nattys from our HCs and Chris has given us three so far and put us at the threshold of another.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Reason being?
    He was excellent as DC in his time here, and he has only improved since leaving. His NFL experience has taken his knowledge to a new level. His stint at Wyoming has been masterful. The improvement over Stanard there was stark and immediate. He obviously knows NDSU. The only things I don't know is his recruiting ability and more general management skills.

At Wyoming, he still employs our base 4-3 (still cover 2-ish?) defense and adds a million wrinkles, disguises, and blitzes to it.

This is my take on it.

Gene Taylor really wants Klieman
    KSU fans want a high profile coach
    Coach Klieman wants to finish out the season at NDSU

So---KSU starts a nation wide search to appease KSU fans and to stretch out the timeline so Klieman can finish out the season. Gene Taylor is very sensitive to this scenario because of the bull**** that happened with Bohl. Some time after the semi finals they announce that Klieman is the coach.
    But he will coach in the natty and Entz will be named the new coach at NDSU. In the mean time KSU will retain all the current assistant coaches to keep recruiting. After the natty Klieman will interview the coaches on staff at KSU to see who will be retained and who wont. Just like most transitions when a new coach comes in. This will also give Entz an opportunity to fill out his staff so when the time comes the transition will be seamless.
    My gut sense is that Entz would not be the best hire, and that we would take a step back after Klieman's recruits finish out. My instinct comes from interviews of him I've seen especially early on after coming here, as well as my suspicion that Klieman is still mostly still running the defense. Could easily be wrong on my take.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    My gut sense is that Entz would not be the best hire, and that we would take a step back after Klieman's recruits finish out. My instinct comes from interviews of him I've seen especially early on after coming here, as well as my suspicion that Klieman is still mostly still running the defense. Could easily be wrong on my take.
    Entz recruited many of the players and is an incredible coach. He would be my choice 1A

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Klieman didnt say he met with KSU. He said he had a conversation with KSU.
    **edit sorry responded to the wrong post**

Gene Taylor understands the importance of keeping a system in place that fits your players. You dont want your players to have to learn a new offensive and defensive. That's why he told the other coach no to bringing in all his coaches.

This worked like a charm when Gene hired Klieman and it worked.

K State doesnt want to change proven formula.

This would work well for both programs. We have our system. Snyder had his system. All the coaches remain and a total idiot would rebuild a solid program

If Gene is smart, he would just promote from within and find a new Coordinator

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    **edit sorry responded to the wrong post**

Gene Taylor understands the importance of keeping a system in place that fits your players. You dont want your players to have to learn a new offensive and defensive. That's why he told the other coach no to bringing in all his coaches.

This worked like a charm when Gene hired Klieman and it worked.

K State doesnt want to change proven formula.

This would work well for both programs. We have our system. Snyder had his system. All the coaches remain and a total idiot would rebuild a solid program

If Gene is smart, he would just promote from within and find a new Coordinator
    That works when your program is on a gravy train with biscuit wheels (copyright Bill Murray from Kingpin) but not so much when you're coming off a 5-7 season, the first one in 10 years without a bowl appearance.

Btw, K-State blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead in their final game this year against Iowa St. Gotta wonder had they held on and gotten bowl eligible if this whole process would've been delayed another year???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That works when your program is on a gravy train with biscuit wheels (copyright Bill Murray from Kingpin) but not so much when you're coming off a 5-7 season, the first one in 10 years without a bowl appearance.

Btw, K-State blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead in their final game this year against Iowa St. Gotta wonder had they held on and gotten bowl eligible if this whole process would've been delayed another year???
    This has Bill Snyder written all over it. He hung on too long and won't go away until he kicks the bucket. The only way to get rid of it all is to clean house. Gene has proven that he DOESN'T have the guts or the sway to do that.

Snyder's last contract was absurd and only shows what a pud program K State is.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's probably been posted already in this thread but when I saw that bouncing around Twitter yesterday I really thought McFeely was jumping to conclusions with the headline that K-State is cooling on him. He seemed to base that entirely off Klieman's postgame comments and I think it's pretty naive to assume Klieman would do anything except downplay his possible prospects at taking a new job in a setting like that press conference was in.

"Might"? "Perhaps"?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix