Page 46 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Uh huh. Ok. Sure.
    How much Columbus sports radio do you listen to?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How much Columbus sports radio do you listen to?
    Zero. Why?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Zero. Why?
    Because I'm not sure where your incredulity is directed. If you don't believe that he's not necessarily a Meyer acolyte, his resume says differently. If you don't believe that the consensus is that he is considered to be sufficiently an outsider, then your not being privy to the conventional wisdom here in Ohio is why.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    His agent may have though... Plausible deniability…
    Thought the exact same thing haha. I would be rather surprised if he was offered the job regardless. I would be MORE surprised, however, if this domino effect does not affect him at all
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Because I'm not sure where your incredulity is directed. If you don't believe that he's not necessarily a Meyer acolyte, his resume says differently. If you don't believe that the consensus is that he is considered to be sufficiently an outsider, then your not being privy to the conventional wisdom here in Ohio is why.
    Why should anyone put any stock in the consensus and conventional wisdom in Ohio?

Does that answer your question about the target of my incredulity?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Why should anyone put any stock in the consensus and conventional wisdom in Ohio?

Does that answer your question about the target of my incredulity?
    Because he's their coach and not yours. Who cares who they hire?

I mean, I'm casually a OSU fan because I lived there and my wife went there. Went to a game earlier this season. It's fun but I've turned down tickets at least 3 times because the game conflicted with a Bison game. I think he's a good hire and might help the transtition away from Meyer. Fickell was over his head when Tressel was fired.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because he's their coach and not yours. Who cares who they hire?

I mean, I'm casually a OSU fan because I lived there and my wife went there. Went to a game earlier this season. It's fun but I've turned down tickets at least 3 times because the game conflicted with a Bison game. I think he's a good hire and might help the transtition away from Meyer. Fickell was over his head when Tressel was fired.
    The families and friends of kids who get killed trying to play football, women who get the crap pounded out of them, citizens victimized by criminals who are allowed to run free because they happen to be talented football players. I could give a shit if he can coach football. “Might help with the transition away from Meyer.”? Might? Not nearly good enough.

The families and friends of kids who get killed trying to play football, women who get the crap pounded out of them, citizens victimized by criminals who are allowed to run free because they happen to be talented football players. I could give a shit if he can coach football. “Might help with the transition away from Meyer.”? Might? Not nearly good enough.
    so when CK gets hired by a P5 school, he's responsible for everything that happens in big time college athletics. I look forward to your screed about him in 5 years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so when CK gets hired by a P5 school, he's responsible for everything that happens in big time college athletics. I look forward to your screed about him in 5 years.
    If he looks the other way, lies about what he knew and when he knew it, and continues to represent himself as something he plainly is not, don’t worry, you will.

Seth Littrell to K-State appears to be losing steam...

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status...570605056?s=19

DRC: Sources close to UNT and coach Seth Littrell tonight reiterated what the @DentonRC reported earlier this week -- it won't be easy for a school to pull Littrell away from UNT, and that includes Kansas State. Sources expect him to stay: https://t.co/hOKT1LF6La
    *gulp*