Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

I dont know anything you dont, but I would imagine that Klieman gets a better offer to Coach elsewhere at the end of the year..

Who do you think is on the short list to replace him? Do we automaically get a "NDSU Guy", or do we go outside our bubble (although it is an excellent bubble).

If we get an outside guy... is Bob Nielsen on that list?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I dont know anything you dont, but I would imagine that Klieman gets a better offer to Coach elsewhere at the end of the year..

Who do you think is on the short list to replace him? Do we automaically get a "NDSU Guy", or do we go outside our bubble (although it is an excellent bubble).

Ideally you promote from within given the massive positive momentum of the program. That's not always possible depending on where the outgoing HC is going. If he gets a high profile DC job somewhere then I'd say it's Entz/Messingham/Hedberg (although he's getting kinda old) as the prime candidates. Polasek maybe as well.

It they do look outside, and I think that's a pretty big risk, they should attract an impressive pool of applicants I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Ideally you promote from within given the massive positive momentum of the program. That's not always possible depending on where the outgoing HC is going. If he gets a high profile DC job somewhere then I'd say it's Entz/Messingham/Hedberg (although he's getting kinda old) as the prime candidates. Polasek maybe as well.

It they do look outside, and I think that's a pretty big risk, they should attract an impressive pool of applicants I'd say.
    Hazelton...

It would be smart for iowa or iowa state to get chris on their staff imho.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Nielsen, Bob Stitt, Layne Kiffen, Chip Kelly . . . I saw the short list. We be going up tempo, following the 2011 Griz blueprint.

I keep saying this. He was already a FBS assistant and saw what his mentor, Terry Allen went through making the jump. It isn't terrible to be successful and comfortable.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bisonville - We call plays via internet poll.

A) Run the Damn Ball Left
    B) Run the Damn Ball Right
    C) Run the Damn Ball Middle
    D) Pass

Kinda like Techmo Bowl.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If he goes, I'm guessing Clemson or Georgia DC.

Guys for consideration. Entz, Polasek, Hazeltine
    Down the Road: Roehl, GO
    What to Avoid: Total outside move with system change. No rowing of boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Coach Hedberg is just where we need him and where he is staying, I hope for a long time, he is By far the best in that category.
    St. Thomas Tommies head coach is a past Bizun assistant & good at what he does

John Gruden (no purple intended) He'll be finished in the NFL soon and likes NDSU.
    It's OK to not be OK.