Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2018 Team News

Default Re: 2018 Team News

We need 2 points to tie with 10 seconds to go. Who hands do we put the ball in????

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    We need 2 points to tie with 10 seconds to go. Who hands do we put the ball in????
    Have to go with the pg..Vinnie
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talk about a tale of two halves. The game is proof of how shaky Richman's offense is. The team looks good when hitting from behind the arc, but when they get cold, the offense looks completely lost and the weave motion offense just sticks out more and turns into slop ball, and then I find myself crying for a set play or two.

If Concordia can defend the weave, then....yikes.

I am cautiously optimistic about Rocky. Teams that live by the 3 and die by the 3, die more often. Someone is going to have to step up and be the leader, we have lacked it lately and until we find one this team will float around in mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Talk about a tale of two halves. The game is proof of how shaky Richman's offense is. The team looks good when hitting from behind the arc, but when they get cold, the offense looks completely lost and the weave motion offense just sticks out more and turns into slop ball, and then I find myself crying for a set play or two.

Richman doesn't really run an offense. He basically runs a motion weave to get his guys looks from 3 point range, and he hopes they hit them. If the guys aren't hitting Richman has nothing to combat that with. Not a very good X's and O's mind at all with that mentality.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am cautiously optimistic about Rocky. Teams that live by the 3 and die by the 3, die more often. Someone is going to have to step up and be the leader, we have lacked it lately and until we find one this team will float around in mediocrity.
    Brian Shawn was saying Vinnie Shahid is very vocal and has proved himself to be a leader, he was already voted team captain in his short time here. Hope he can motivate these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Richman doesn't really run an offense. He basically runs a motion weave to get his guys looks from 3 point range, and he hopes they hit them. If the guys aren't hitting Richman has nothing to combat that with. Not a very good X's and O's mind at all with that mentality.
    JohnnyEXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I laughed a bit when I saw the US Bank thing versus Drake was on Dec. 1, almost certainly the day of a home PO game. It made me think, "If no one knows NDSU is playing Drake in US Bank Stadium, does it still count as a loss?"

Deep thoughts.

Your right, this game will be an afterthought to many. I’m taking my son to the game and we are excited. I live in the cities so going to the game is a no brainer. The game starts at 5, by then the football team will be up by 30 in the 4th quarter. I would assume most of the bison fans at U.S. Bank Stadium on Dec 1 will be twin cities residents. Plus the ticket is good for both games so I can watch the SDSU/UNI game. Good to get ndsu in a game like this for recruiting purposes. All 4 teams playing that day hit the cities hard for players. I hope there is a good crowd there!

Oh gosh, they're still running the weave? I was hoping for some changes. It wasn't much fun to watch last year.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post

I'm really hoping that second half was an effort just to slow the tempo and not make the final score as ugly as it could've been. In the first half we were getting out in transition, attacking the basket early in the shot clock and shooting the open 3 even if there was more than 10 seconds on the shot clock. Yes, the second half we looked like the same tired old dribble weave offense that waited until late in the shot clock to make something happen and it didn't work well at all, just fingers crossed it was a game management thing.

I am cautiously optimistic about Rocky.
    Starting to drop the cautiously!!!!!!!!