Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Team News

Default Re: 2018 Team News

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I really wonder if we will ever see him on the floor????
    This year would only be his redshirt freshman year. Is concerning how long he has been limited in his development with a leg injury though.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This year would only be his redshirt freshman year. Is concerning how long he has been limited in his development with a leg injury though.
    Yeah definitely disappointing to not have him available. Do they have a medical redshirt available for basketball like they do for football? If so I guess the only good news would be that he could still have 4 years of eligibility when he gets healthy. It just sucks that his redshirt time has mostly been spent rehabbing instead of on development, though at least it's giving him a chance to add muscle mass.

Tough break for Meidinger. Wonder if Wilson gets his shirt pulled now. Would probably think so!

Will be nice to have Horn’s scoring and shooting this season!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the team was short before this news...

I wasn't expecting much out of Meidinger since he has had so many injury issues and he was raw to start with. He needs a year of great health, hoping this surgery works out for him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Tough break for Meidinger. Wonder if Wilson gets his shirt pulled now. Would probably think so!

Will be nice to have Horn’s scoring and shooting this season!
    Yeah I'm not so sure Wilson was going to redshirt regardless but he'll definitely have to play now, there's no way we can get through an entire season with just Rocky and Deng playing the 5. Especially since they are both better fits at the 4 spot to begin with.

I'm going to guess Knotek redshirts but I'm wondering if he's gonna be the only one. With Meidinger out in addition that leaves us with 12 guys. If Cook and Griesel are as good as advertised I think they push Samuelson and Quayle to the end of the bench as the 11th & 12th guys and we have a 10 man rotation left. Dave needs to win now so he's gotta get all of the talent he can on the floor. Excited to see how the young guys look tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah definitely disappointing to not have him available. Do they have a medical redshirt available for basketball like they do for football? If so I guess the only good news would be that he could still have 4 years of eligibility when he gets healthy. It just sucks that his redshirt time has mostly been spent rehabbing instead of on development, though at least it's giving him a chance to add muscle mass.
    But can you take a medical redshirt after using the redshirt in the first year. Seems that came up and its not allowed...I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    But can you take a medical redshirt after using the redshirt in the first year. Seems that came up and its not allowed...I dont know.
    I looked it up....since i had some time today, it looks like he would have to apply for a 6th year waiver in order to use both. Considering he's a really smart kid and likely not NBA bound I'm guessing that may not even be a route he would consider. Here's the rule:

This is problematic for athletes took a normal redshirt season or sat out due to a transfer. An athlete can generally not use a medical redshirt in those cases unless they get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. To do that the athlete show they lost two seasons outside of his or her control. The medical redshirt would be one, but the athlete would still need to show another.

Man I am excited to see what the boys can do this year. New faces. Bigger faster stronger. Let’s go Bison!!! Let’s go Bison!!!!������
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison are damn thin inside. Too bad spencer isn’t around for his senior season, he might have saved this team. Can 6’7 250 Nate Jensen round ball? Need a body.