Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Right now I have no idea where JMU is at, they played well at NCSU like Tony said but their game against Elon wasn't so good.

If they go out and spank Stony Brook and Towson it would make them look a lot more threatening.
    I'll agree with TAB if they do this. They need to "toy" with the best teams in their conference like NDSU did.

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Right now I have no idea where JMU is at, they played well at NCSU like Tony said but their game against Elon wasn't so good.

If they go out and spank Stony Brook and Towson it would make them look a lot more threatening.
    The Elon loss was similar to NDSU's loss to USD a few years back. They didn't take them seriously as they had been crushing them in the past and Elon came to play and had nothing to lose. This is why coaches keep telling their players to not take anyone lightly.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But Elon is currently 4th in the CAA and 5-2 overall. What was USD when the Bison lost to them? Not sure it’s similar, USD was a bottom feeder at the time IIRC. Elon was a borderline playoff team last year weren’t they?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I'm glad that the USD of 2016 was brought up...…

That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

And...….then there's the 2012 Indiana State eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    But Elon is currently 4th in the CAA and 5-2 overall. What was USD when the Bison lost to them? Not sure it’s similar, USD was a bottom feeder at the time IIRC. Elon was a borderline playoff team last year weren’t they?
    For similarity, look at the scores prior to the losses:

NDSU versus USD
    2012: NDSU wins 54-0
    2013: NDSU wins 42-0
    2014: NDSU wins 47-7
    2015: USD wins 24-21

JMU versus Elon
    2015: JMU wins 51-0
    2016: JMU wins 63-14
    2017: JMU wins 31-3
    2018: Elon wins 27-24

I believe both upsets occurred due to the favored team taking the underdog too lightly based on how both underdogs had a tendency of getting destroyed the previous seasons.

Is the 2018 Elon team better than the 2015 USD team? If their starting QB was hurt, absolutely. Currently with the back-up, probably.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Speaking of Sagarin, there are four teams rated as less than 17-point underdogs on a neutral field and NDSU has already beaten three of them.
    It's OK to not be OK.

NO NDSU is the equivalent of St Thomas Academy or Hermantown in Minnesota Class A hockey. Trophy Chasing and don't want to Move up.

Harold from Hoople and Marilyn from Mantador just lost being the top dog and being able to be #1 .

Bring on the competition is our motto?? yea right. stick a fork in that!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    For similarity, look at the scores prior to the losses:

NDSU versus USD
    2012: NDSU wins 54-0
    2013: NDSU wins 42-0
    2014: NDSU wins 47-7
    2015: USD wins 24-21

JMU versus Elon
    2015: JMU wins 51-0
    2016: JMU wins 63-14
    2017: JMU wins 31-3
    2018: Elon wins 27-24

I believe both upsets occurred due to the favored team taking the underdog too lightly based on how both underdogs had a tendency of getting destroyed the previous seasons.

Is the 2018 Elon team better than the 2015 USD team? If their starting QB was hurt, absolutely. Currently with the back-up, probably.
    Need to show the players those scores against USD in the past and how it led up to complacency in 2015. For the rest of this season this weeks game against USD concerns me the most. Here are the most recent scores against USD:
    2016: NDSU wins 28-21 (USD not ranked in top 25)
    2017: NDSU wins 49-14 (USD ranked #10)

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    umm......... wut?
    What seems to be your problem?

Fcs is full of puds.