Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Since we've made it through the meat of our schedule unscathed, almost untested, who out there gives us a good game? SDSU seems to have tanked since we played them, the #7 ranked team was soundly spanked last weekend in the dome. It doesn't appear anyone left on our conference schedule even has a chance. Has JMU made the changes at QB and on defense to give us a similar game to last years championship? How about KSU? Option teams haven't fared well against us lately. How about UC Davis? Or are we looking at a playoff run similar to last year where everyone comes to the dome for an ass kicking. Asking for a friend.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

No

(10 char)
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Nope. Only team capable of beating the Bison are the Bison.

Teams That can beat the bison in order:

1. The Bison
    6. JMU
    11. Everyone else in the FCS SUUUUUUCKS... I want this to not be true, but it is. I want Montana, Montana State, EWU, SDSU, UNI etc to start stomping teams to bring a pulse back to the FCS. I want App State and GSU to come back, I want alot of things.... But that isnt reality.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

The simultaneous over whelming confidence and self loathing are giving me whiplash.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

If the Bison have their A game, no team is within 10 points of us.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I’m curious about is everyone’s mindset next year if we hypothetically win the National Championship and go 15-0 this year and start out a possible 4-0 before conference play next year. I mean winning is great don’t get me wrong.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the answer is a definitive YES.

there are enough chinks in the armor with this year’s team (OL pass protection, WR threat not named Shep, LB run/pass coverage outside of Cox) for other really good teams to keep things interesting.

JMU had a letdown vs Elon, but so have the Bison almost every year since 2012. Those guys have been blowing out teams left and right otherwise and gave NC State all they could handle. Their defensive secondary is once again impressive

Is there anyone outside of JMU might be the better question, and I think that might be a good debate that leans toward ‘NO’

The challenge has to come from a team that plays legit defense. So that excludes UC Davis, EWU, KSU, Towson.

SDSU would get boat raced if they came back to the dome right now, and UNI in a rematch would do equally as poor.

Maybe SHSU or Jax St could give us a game

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the Bison have their A game, no team is within 10 points of us.
    10 points isn’t a lot. Especially with the A game qualifier.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I think the answer is a definitive YES.

there are enough chinks in the armor with this year’s team (OL pass protection, WR threat not named Shep, LB run/pass coverage outside of Cox) for other really good teams to keep things interesting.

JMU had a letdown vs Elon, but so have the Bison almost every year since 2012. Those guys have been blowing out teams left and right otherwise and gave NC State all they could handle. Their defensive secondary is once again impressive

Is there anyone outside of JMU might be the better question, and I think that might be a good debate that leans toward ‘NO’

The challenge has to come from a team that plays legit defense. So that excludes UC Davis, EWU, KSU, Towson.

SDSU would get boat raced if they came back to the dome right now, and UNI in a rematch would do equally as poor.

Maybe SHSU or Jax St could give us a game
    I was right with you until the last three lines.