Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Last time I checked the Ivies weren’t FBS. And the last time I checked he was a true freshman and not a redshirt so he is very new to the system and he had virtually no experience under center. So go ahead and knock yourself out with believing that you think your argument is relevant, but the reality is it’s not.
    No the Ivies aren't FBS, but Boise State is. Technically, he's a true Freshman, but let's not forget he's already had almost of season's worth of experience as a Redshirt. Plus, he's seen game time experience.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: Are there any FCS teams out there to give the Bison a real challenge?

The top 5 or 6 FCS teams are all 2 or 3 key injuries away from being a national title contender. We have defensive line depth.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Since we've made it through the meat of our schedule unscathed, almost untested, who out there gives us a good game? SDSU seems to have tanked since we played them, the #7 ranked team was soundly spanked last weekend in the dome. It doesn't appear anyone left on our conference schedule even has a chance. Has JMU made the changes at QB and on defense to give us a similar game to last years championship? How about KSU? Option teams haven't fared well against us lately. How about UC Davis? Or are we looking at a playoff run similar to last year where everyone comes to the dome for an ass kicking. Asking for a friend.
    Not during the regular season. You may run into a tough program in the playoffs, but you are well on your way to your 7th.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You wanna know what? You're absolutely right. This team is absolutely not prepared for an injury to a key player. We have no depth. We've demonstrated no ability to move the ball and score without the first team offense, and we are sure to fall back to mediocrity with a single injury to a critical skill position player. Easton is probably going to get a cramp, and Tre will come in. He won't have the slightest idea what to do, or how to run an offense, and cost us the first round playoff game. We'll spend all of December watching the playoffs from our couches, instead of the stands.

I think some of you posters need to get some perspective. NDSU has the best FCS QB, probably the best FCS backup QB, maybe 2 of the best 10 running backs in FCS, the best DL in FCS, a top 4 OL, a tremendous WR, probably the best Linebacker in FCS, and one of the most experienced and talented secondaries in FCS.
    Nailed It

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

1 fcs team can beat The Bison and that is themselves. Play to their potential and we are good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

JMU is not concerning me as much as they have the past few years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JMU appears to have fallen back to the pack that is the best of the rest if the FCS. It truly looks like its NDSU and a large gap before "the best teams in the division"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    JMU appears to have fallen back to the pack that is the best of the rest if the FCS. It truly looks like its NDSU and a large gap before "the best teams in the division"

Their dynasty run was adorable. Back to pudsville they go

Wish I could watch the end of their game.

Looks like Stony Brook is moving the ball, nearing field goal range. Would love to see JMU go down.