Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 25

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Top 25

Not NDSU related but after surfing the web I realized that Appy State is now ranked in the FBS top 25. Good for them and I imagine it’s pretty cool for them to be ranked for the first time. Seems that things have really worked out well for their program.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Not NDSU related but after surfing the web I realized that Appy State is now ranked in the FBS top 25. Good for them and I imagine it’s pretty cool for them to be ranked for the first time. Seems that things have really worked out well for their program.
    They may not be 25 after Thursday night. It all depends on the GSU offense and defense that shows up.

GSU's defense is sound, but the offense must score at least 31 points and posses the time clock.

The odds are against GSU this year, but the GSU/App rivalry is intense. (ESPNU)
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

This is probably true. I don’t pay attention to either of the schools much now adays but know enough to see ASU has been pretty good in FBS with multiple bowl wins and GSouthern was right with them in the earlier years in FBS, had a low point but have made your way back to being a good quality football team as of late. Congrats to both programs.

This is probably true. I don’t pay attention to either of the schools much now adays but know enough to see ASU has been pretty good in FBS with multiple bowl wins and GSouthern was right with them in the earlier years in FBS, had a low point but have made your way back to being a good quality football team as of late. Congrats to both programs.

The only FCS team that I follow now is NDSU.

Thanks & you're right. The first 2 years in FBS GSU was at the top of the Sun Belt Conference but the next 2 years were very bad.

It's a comeback year for GSU & App State has the nod, but it is a very intense rivalry going back to the 80s.

Any given Thursday night on ESPNU...……………. ;-)
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 10-24-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Was just watching College Football Playoff Top 25 on ESPN 2 and they were discussing UCF’s resume and where they are in the rankings. While doing so they mentioned other G5 type schools like Appy State, North Dakota State and Fresno State resume’s. The context I got from it was that the resumes where about the same. I wasn’t expecting NDSU to be brought up while talking about rankings.

Was just watching College Football Playoff Top 25 on ESPN 2 and they were discussing UCF’s resume and where they are in the rankings. While doing so they mentioned other G5 type schools like Appy State, North Dakota State and Fresno State resume’s. The context I got from it was that the resumes where about the same. I wasn’t expecting NDSU to be brought up while talking about rankings.
    I'm glad they are talking about NDSU in the top rankings.

It is kind of fun to see UCF is a 1 pt favorite over ndsu...so. basically ndsu is ranked top 15

I’m curious to see where we will sit at the end of the year if we go on to win the NC and be undefeated in the process. Also it does seem that a lot of the big ranked P5 schools are taking some licks and getting multiple losses.

I’m curious to see where we will sit at the end of the year if we go on to win the NC and be undefeated in the process. Also it does seem that a lot of the big ranked P5 schools are taking some licks and getting multiple losses.
    I would be surprised if we are ahead of the 2013 year, just because we don't have an FBS win. That Kansas State win was a nice feather in the cap.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Just curious, who brought up NDSU? Very smart person, and very unusual for any national person to know anything about G5 or FCS schools. NDSU would clearly contend for a top G5 spot this year.