Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Pregame Thread

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default USD Pregame Thread

Line is -22.5

O/U 56

Theoretical score: 39-17

USD has not been playing well the last couple weeks.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Default Re: USD Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Line is -22.5

O/U 56

Theoretical score: 39-17

USD has not been playing well the last couple weeks.
    If you ask some here, neither has NDSU.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If you ask some here, neither has NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tempo will be a monster factor this week. Hopefully the defensive miscues/communication issues from earlier in the conference season have been resolved.

Im most interested/excited to watch our ball hawking secondary against a team that airs it out consistently and has a slew of capable receivers.

I also expect our run game to make hay this weekend as USD's run D is not good...giving up close to 200 yards/game.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Tempo will be a monster factor this week. Hopefully the defensive miscues/communication issues from earlier in the conference season have been resolved.

Im most interested/excited to watch our ball hawking secondary against a team that airs it out consistently and has a slew of capable receivers.

I also expect our run game to make hay this weekend as USD's run D is not good...giving up close to 200 yards/game.
    I predict more bashing of Easton after this game since we will only have to throw it maybe 10-12 times. Their run D is not good.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I predict more bashing of Easton after this game since we will only have to throw it maybe 10-12 times. Their run D is not good.
    Which is unfortunate. He's in the midst of his senior season, his last as a Bison, and is chasing the all time FCS wins record. And people can't stop talking about his chances at the next level. I'm going to enjoy watching this tremendous leader, a young man with great character, and one of the best to ever wear the Bison uniform...do everything he can to lead us to another national championship.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I've very curious about this. To me, they are going to have to do a ton of run blitzing which is very, very dangerous when you have Shep.......

Quick notes:

- Our schedule difficulty has been similar to this point. They have three notable games against Kansas St., Weber St. and UNI. Ours are Delaware (ranked now), SDSU, and UNI. Difference is we are 7-0 and they are 3-4 with similar SoS.

- We have a +25 point differential per game and they have a -2.4

- They avg 2.8 yards per rush and give up 4.2. Compared to our 5.9 and 2.9 respectively.

- Well yeah, but they are a passing team! They average roughly 300 yards passing per game, however our passing game is less frequent but more deadly. We average significantly more yards per attempt (+2 yards) and catch (+4 yards). For a team that is seemingly subpar against the run this sets up for some big receptions when they sell out against the run.

- Time of possession we have them beat by nearly 5 minutes a game. Kind of a result of the two types of offense but still noteworthy. Wearing them down in the second half seems a distinct possibility.

- We are +11 in Turnover margin and they are a very respectable +6. Only thing that sticks out is that they have caused a crazy amount of fumbles (16) and recovered 9. Ball security should be a major focus.

- They are getting 2 sacks a game but giving up 3. NDSU is getting 3 but only giving up 1. Get us a lead and hopefully we can let the DL pin their ears back.

- Their QB (Simmons) seems to spread the ball around pretty well. Falck and Allen are double the receptions of any others but a lot of people with double digit catches. For being a high volume passing team his completion % is pretty blah at 59%

- 2 headed running attack seems pretty average.

Run the ball down their throats to open up the down field passing. It looks like they will be one sided and with our pass rush and good secondary I think we can make it a difficult day for Simmons.
    Rixen

Jump on them early. Then continue jumping on them. Repeat.

That said, I wouldn't count on their run defense being that terrible. They held UNI to under 100 yards rushing and some people are hyping UNI as a title contender. Weber State only ran for 110.

Bring the whole playbook.

Just bought tickets! First away game of year for me (+5)... Travel weather should be better than last USD trip