Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts

Stick has the physical tools to make it at the next level but I just don't think he has 'it.' With the tools he has at his disposal (acknowledging that his receiving corp hasn't ever been super awesome), his completion rate should be 60%+ at a minimum. I just don't think that is something that will improve a whole lot at the next level where everything happens more quickly and the windows get smaller.[/QUOTE]

This is absolute truth, Stick is a fourth year starter, those two short hop passes on saturday were not the kind of passes an experienced, draftable QB makes. He is just too inconsistent, don't see that getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yeah, but, but, but, the Bison coaches are saving that and 3/4's of the playbook for the rest of the year.
    You mean to say the Stick will throw the ball to somebody other than Shep come playoff time, and, that is by design? Very, Very Interesting take. But, Im not buying. The TE's have been open the very few times they have thrown to them this year. I would double team Shep and make somebody else beat my defense if I were one of the upcoming DOGS!! It would be interesting to see who steps up, and/or does the OC force some adjustments to get other WR and TE's involved. This is a very talented team but not a lot of people ball sharing to this point. Does anybody have the Catch numbers for the Bison thru week Seven?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's what makes second guess what likely could be a poor read or throw by Stick so tricky. Did Dunn read the coverage wrong and run the wrong route? Something definitely seemed off between Stick and Dunn on this play so who knows?

The two worm burners he through late in the game are much more cut and dry as far as being poor throws.
    It doesn't matter what Dunn does on that route, he was covered and Shep could have walked into the end zone. Stick misses a lot of good looks. He picks one receiver and that is who he's throwing to covered or not.

You guys, with all your Pollyanna-feel-good bull crap and your green-colored glasses, are ignoring the fact that you, me, everybody we know,and everybody we love will all be dead sooner and/or later.

Not to mention that our Time of Possession is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It doesn't matter what Dunn does on that route, he was covered and Shep could have walked into the end zone. Stick misses a lot of good looks. He picks one receiver and that is who he's throwing to covered or not.
    Shep has 36% of all receptions thru week #7 with 28 catches. TE's have a total of 11 catches, RB's at 19 catches. I Agree Tony, Stick stares down his receivers, Its almost crazy how bad he was last weekend. At the snap his eyes never left Shep on a few of his throws, including deep routes. I hope the coaches can pull some of that out of him before playoff time. JMU for one can exploit that as they have very good DB play and coaching

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You guys, with all your Pollyanna-feel-good bull crap and your green-colored glasses, are ignoring the fact that you, me, everybody we know,and everybody we love will all be dead sooner and/or later.

Not to mention that our Time of Possession is terrible.
    Whaaat!? Dead?!!? Where did you get this from? Our Sagarin rating alone gets me another 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    You mean to say the Stick will throw the ball to somebody other than Shep come playoff time, and, that is by design? Very, Very Interesting take. But, Im not buying. The TE's have been open the very few times they have thrown to them this year. I would double team Shep and make somebody else beat my defense if I were one of the upcoming DOGS!! It would be interesting to see who steps up, and/or does the OC force some adjustments to get other WR and TE's involved. This is a very talented team but not a lot of people ball sharing to this point. Does anybody have the Catch numbers for the Bison thru week Seven?
    Not sure if you saw all the buts in my post as it was written with much sarcasm. Next time I will be sure to use purple colored text.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Its almost crazy how bad he was last weekend.
    Wow, Just Wow.

Wow, Just Wow.
    I use the "statements made by 12 year olds" filter on my bisonville account, to avoid seeing any of this BS.

Wow, Just Wow.
    YEP, take a tid bit out of somebodies sentence and make your own statement. That is a low life game you play there Mr. Liberal!!!!! As for Stick, I speak very very highly of him as a whole. However, if you dont think he has a problem staring down WR's right now, you dont know what you were watching on Saturday.