Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    How did our defense look so shitty against UNI and be so dominant again yesterday outside of a couple drives?
    Besides being a pretty good team, UNI had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bison defense. Still just took the Bison 2-quarters to offset UNI's 2 weeks of planning to get things under control.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Besides being a pretty good team, UNI had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bison defense. Still just took the Bison 2-quarters to offset UNI's 2 weeks of planning to get things under control.
    Yup, ISUr was easier to prepare for. Spacks teams are what they are and with just a few days to gameplan for NDSU, not many twists or wrinkles to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not normally. Late yesterday think he was being overly conservative with the lead and trying to avoid missing high.
    That's being overly generous. Not trying to bash on Stick but you don't short hop the ball 2 yards in front of a receiver because you don't want to over throw them. Those were simply two really bad passes to wide open receivers. It's not the only time it has happened either I think it is what leads some to have a hard time believing he is a high round draft pick. Notice I did not put my own opinions in here about what I think of Stick as an NFL QB so, Bisonville, remember that when you rip me for saying anything remotely bad about Stick.

I do think Stick needs to complete more than 55% of his passes. I wonder if they were trying to work on the passing game in the 2nd half because there were a couple times he could have ran for the 1st down but he decided to pass it instead. I think one of those passes was the short hop.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    I do think Stick needs to complete more than 55% of his passes. I wonder if they were trying to work on the passing game in the 2nd half because there were a couple times he could have ran for the 1st down but he decided to pass it instead. I think one of those passes was the short hop.
    It would be nice to see his completion percentage a bit higher but he is averaging a ridiculous 9.2 yards per pass attempt on the year so even though he's not completing them at a high clip he's making the passes he is completing count. This definitely isn't the Vigen era west coast offense anymore when it comes to the pass game.

Seemed like we really shut down in the second half.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scouts from SF 49ers were at the game last week evaluating Easton.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Scouts from SF 49ers were at the game last week evaluating Easton.
    How did Robbie tackle?

Lardsin must go!

IM as big of a Stick supporter as there is, but, He is many years into this QB gig and he still stares down his receivers on most every pass play. The media was questioning why Dunn never looked back on the 1st halt Int? But never once mentioned how ridiculous Stick was in staring that throw down from the snap, maybe as bad as Ive ever seen on any given pass play, Watch the replay. Then, the two dumb sh-ts from KVLY "NOT ONE TIME" mention or pick up on Stick staring down WR's. He did it almost every throw on Saturday, A true recipe for disaster come playoff time when combined with him being a half count late on most of his throws. Great runner, good arm strength, decent accuracy, very good deep ball (strenghts), Stares down WR's and Timing on throws (Weakness)

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Shep couldn't have been more wide open on that Dunn INT play. Once they post the video on VNL I'll add the link. Couple screen shots here... just a bad read. Guessing he figured Brees would track Shep over the middle... ended up not and jumping the Dunn route.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg
    Last edited by Jay; 10-22-2018 at 02:46 PM.