Thread: Misery State Seating/Tailgating

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Misery State Seating/Tailgating

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but where do the cool kids sit at Misery State? I'm bringing a nice contingent and want to make sure we are seated all together, and among the rest of the herd. Finally, what's the tailgating situation? Their website made it sound like it's only 3 hours, but I have been wrong before I'm told.

Thanks!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Default Re: Misery State Seating/Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but where do the cool kids sit at Misery State? I'm bringing a nice contingent and want to make sure we are seated all together, and among the rest of the herd. Finally, what's the tailgating situation? Their website made it sound like it's only 3 hours, but I have been wrong before I'm told.

Thanks!
    We used to sit on the student side but last time they wouldn’t let us in there ( Road managed to so we need to go in with him) They don’t have GA tickets on their website so I will call them. We didn’t enjoy sitting on the reserved side. We usually tailgate in one lot near the stadium. We just showed up when we were ready. I don’t think I ever saw a patrol in our lot any time we tailgated. Who knows what the weather will be. Last time it was nice. The time before it snowed.

Update: I called Mo State and they said there are no GA tickets and we are not allowed to sit on the student/band side any longer. (Although there will be no one sitting there). I will say Do Not Buy first or second row seats on the 50. We sat there last time and couldn’t see over the team and they smelled terrible
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Missouri State tries hard to be difficult. I don't understand why the student/band side is off limits but Bison fans sat there anyway last game. Only good thing is in past years they've had cheap tickets. I wanna say they were $5 last time. The upper level seats are ok, lower level reserved in the corner sucked. Thus, the herd migrating to the GA section behind the Bison bench.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

two years ago we had seats just behind the MSU bench and those seats are terrible unless you really like field level seats. I bought a couple of seats in one of the upper reserved section this year on the 40 yard line. Was not concerned about $5-10 tickets...rather have decent seats when available. $25 seats still seem like a bargain to me. Probably will be totally surrounded by hometown folks but it should be better than the drunk that hassled us on the low, cheap seats two years ago. Even the locals were ready to call security. He wasn't belligerent so much as just plain annoying.

I was just in Springfield last week.

If you want some local food try Cashew Chicken that was basically invented in Springfield.

Downtown has a couple a couple of good brew pubs to visit 417 Taphouse was good. Only about 1 or 2 from Football stadium along with being part of route 66.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I was just in Springfield last week.

If you want some local food try Cashew Chicken that was basically invented in Springfield.

Downtown has a couple a couple of good brew pubs to visit 417 Taphouse was good. Only about 1 or 2 from Football stadium along with being part of route 66.
    Imo’s Pizza. I will be having Imos
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    two years ago we had seats just behind the MSU bench and those seats are terrible unless you really like field level seats. I bought a couple of seats in one of the upper reserved section this year on the 40 yard line. Was not concerned about $5-10 tickets...rather have decent seats when available. $25 seats still seem like a bargain to me. Probably will be totally surrounded by hometown folks but it should be better than the drunk that hassled us on the low, cheap seats two years ago. Even the locals were ready to call security. He wasn't belligerent so much as just plain annoying.
    We were near you. Worst seats I’ve ever had

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you for all the responses. Worst thing about moving is missing home games, but being closer to these road games is a lot of fun too!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Imo’s Pizza. I will be having Imos
    Arris Pizza with Greek sausage. Its fantastic.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Missouri State tries hard to be difficult. I don't understand why the student/band side is off limits but Bison fans sat there anyway last game. Only good thing is in past years they've had cheap tickets. I wanna say they were $5 last time. The upper level seats are ok, lower level reserved in the corner sucked. Thus, the herd migrating to the GA section behind the Bison bench.
    I've managed to sit over there every game I've been to.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯