Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Looks like another reassessment of student tickets needs to be undertaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I understand this. So you're saying this batch of tickets is 100% visitor tickets?
    Depends on what section they are in. Section 23, Visitors section.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Just stirring the pot but it does beg the question. In the flash sellout we have every year, how many extra requests do we have? Is it a couple hundred or thousands? How many people on the season ticket waiting list? If all they're selling is a couple hundred visitor tickets it may seem like more than it is.

Even 500 student tickets would seem like a lot. There isn't the effort put forth on a random Friday than they do for the beginning of the season sale.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most likely they are unused student tickets and visitor tickets. A tweet went out earlier this week that said tickets would be available at 6am today.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Depends on what section they are in. Section 23, Visitors section.
    Tickets available on GoBison.com in sections 23, 29, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13.

Tickets available on GoBison.com in sections 23, 29, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13.
    23 is visitor 11-13 is student. The rest just holdbacks for the athletic department?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 is visitor 11-13 is student. The rest just holdbacks for the athletic department?
    http://ndsuspectrum.com/bison-football-fan-guide/

Formerly, students could sit in sections 10-16. This year, however, Section 16 has been taken over for season ticket holders. Thus, students will only have the three sideline sections closest to the end zone this year. Hopefully this will mean that more fans will stay longer in the stadium this year.

Student Section is 13-15 sounds like from the NDSU paper. Also, im 99% sure single game tickets have been sold in 11/12.

Looks like another reassessment of student tickets needs to be undertaken.
    I think they should just try to advertise these open tickets more. I see on the ticket exchange on FB everybody is looking for tickets, for almost every game.

And no, I'm not in any way sticking up for the students anymore. Hate the way they typically just stay until halftime and leave, unless of course the SDSU game (I believe there were still students that left early that game). I remember my freshman and sophomore year ('13 & '14), if we weren't online to get our ticket in the first 5 minutes we were put on a wait list. Crazy how different it is 5 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I think they should just try to advertise these open tickets more. I see on the ticket exchange on FB everybody is looking for tickets, for almost every game.

And no, I'm not in any way sticking up for the students anymore. Hate the way they typically just stay until halftime and leave, unless of course the SDSU game (I believe there were still students that left early that game). I remember my freshman and sophomore year ('13 & '14), if we weren't online to get our ticket in the first 5 minutes we were put on a wait list. Crazy how different it is 5 years later.
    I remember getting in line and swiping the ID. It wasn't really ever full then except homecoming and the SDSU game. The ticket reservation system is pretty good. Lets people get those tickets after a deadline.

This is a marketing issue. Buying "rush" tickets isn't a new phenomenon, the possibility needs to be better advertised. .
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Difficult problem trying to get returned tickets sold the week of the game. Needs better marketing for sure, but some fans just aren't going to wait until the week of the game to make plans to attend.