Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Code Green in the stands must mean all green unis for the Bison? Harvest helmets and all?
    Saw a guy on Facebook that had an email to AD. Larson said they won't be all color rush for the foreseeable future. Will stick with traditional looks. Take that for what it's worth. I'm really hoping they go full color rush some game.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Saw a guy on Facebook that had an email to AD. Larson said they won't be all color rush for the foreseeable future. Will stick with traditional looks. Take that for what it's worth. I'm really hoping they go full color rush some game.
    actually only half serious...if i recall the topic has been discussed at lengths multiple times. i am interested to see how well the colors actually match up.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

What I noticed from a quick stats look:

- Our offenses seem very similar. I would say the only difference between our offense and theirs is that Easton is a legit running threat but their QB is not. Both QBs have had solid but unspectacular throwing seasons thus far. Otherwise dual talented RB threat with obvious reliance on one WR for both teams. TEs only utilized in red zone for both teams. If Bruce was healthy I would give us the running edge, if not I say a push. Slight edge NDSU due to Easton's running being the X factor.

- Defenses also seem very familiar. Turning the ball over at a high clip and shutting down the run game. Only difference here is that NDSU is getting to the QB at a better rate. Almost twice as many sacks for NDSU, 21 to 11. Slight edge to NDSU for our pass rush.

- Special teams are yet again pretty equal. One factor is that although Cam is not automatic, their kicker has gone 5-9 in FGs and missed 2 XP so far this year.

- Homefield advantage for another slight edge.

This should be a great game. Easton's legs, our pass rush, and a loud dome seem to be the key ingredients to a Bison win this Saturday.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Brock Spack lost a bet and shaved his mustache. So apparently this years team is not like the team of previous years. RedBirds have a legit QB and they are playing like the RedBirds from the TreRoberson /Coprich era.
    This is such a lazy take. Their QB has shown zero propensity to be a dual threat QB like Roberson and I don't think they have anyone like O'Shaughnessey at TE. Not entirely sure they have WRs like Meredith (in the NFL) and Warrum either. Totally changes the dynamic of their offense in comparison. Robinson is a fantastic RB though.

I can't speak confidently to their defensive comparison but they had Pat Meehan and Tevin Allen and I remember those two being great. They are a quality MVFC team that runs the hell out of the ball with solid QB play and a stout defense. They might forge their own path and become great but pump the brakes. That Illinois St. team was special.
    Rixen

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    This is such a lazy take. Their QB has shown zero propensity to be a dual threat QB like Roberson and I don't think they have anyone like O'Shaughnessey at TE. Not entirely sure they have WRs like Meredith (in the NFL) and Warrum either. Totally changes the dynamic of their offense in comparison. Robinson is a fantastic RB though.

I can't speak confidently to their defensive comparison but they had Pat Meehan and Tevin Allen and I remember those two being great. They are a quality MVFC team that runs the hell out of the ball with solid QB play and a stout defense. They might forge their own path and become great but pump the brakes. That Illinois St. team was special.
    this^^^^^^

This will be a tough game if we don't bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This will be a tough game if we don't bring it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    NDSU wins if they score more points. So lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Figured we needed a pre-gameday thread for this one. Illinois St comes in at 5-1 (2-1) with their only loss being a head scratcher to Missouri St. They have a dominating win over FBS Colorado St (who aren't that bad - they're 3-4 overall and 2-1 in the Mountain West) under their belt as well.

Some injury updates for the Bison from Klieman's press conference this afternoon: both Bruce Anderson and Robbie Grimsley sustained hamstring injuries that "weren't as severe as originally expected" (source: Jeff Culhane's twitter) so Klieman says both may play against the Redbirds. He also said Seth Wilson is "not available" and that Tanner Volson and Caleb Butler should be good to go this week.

Another big one in the Fargodome this week! Since we're fans we can look ahead and if the Bison can win this one 11-0 becomes pretty likely.
    This should be another good MVFC game, but in regards to Illinois State's win over CSU, I will disagree that the Rams aren't that bad. They are not doing that campus and town any justice this year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    actually only half serious...if i recall the topic has been discussed at lengths multiple times. i am interested to see how well the colors actually match up.
    They don’t, thats why they will never do it. They are different material so the color is off. I am hoping for the return of the yellow pants on the road which I have seen a pic of in NDSU social media.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN