Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Turns out this will likely be the game that is right up there with SDSU as being the toughest of the regular season. The only people not concerned about this game are the ones not paying attention.
    Who isn't concerned? I think we're better than them. Probably not miles better than them but better nonetheless.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"I have a feeling the Mr. Robinson and Mr. Smith wasn't fully happy by not rushing for more yards this week...so on Saturday, behind the biggest O-Line in the MVFC and one of the biggest in all of college football are looking forward to getting in the second tier over and over, mostly in the second have after the O-Line grinds down the defensive line.... again."

Interesting take from one of their fans over at redbirdnation. Based on some of the other posts I've read they are quite confident in their o-line's ability to establish the run.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    "I have a feeling the Mr. Robinson and Mr. Smith wasn't fully happy by not rushing for more yards this week...so on Saturday, behind the biggest O-Line in the MVFC and one of the biggest in all of college football are looking forward to getting in the second tier over and over, mostly in the second have after the O-Line grinds down the defensive line.... again."

Interesting take from one of their fans over at redbirdnation. Based on some of the other posts I've read they are quite confident in their o-line's ability to establish the run.
    Was that FourthAndShort?
    That sounds like FourthAndShort.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Was that FourthAndShort?
    That sounds like FourthAndShort.
    He's their fan. Who else can it be?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He's their fan. Who else can it be?
    crazzymark apparently. Although FourthAndShort is in full effect.

Since it's Redbird week. Anybody know what the Bloomington-Normal Police Department has been up to since last season?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

Definitely some size there - not often you see height like the LT.
    Only the LG is a new starter this season, so good experience up front as well.

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
    LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
    C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
    RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
    RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

I don’t think this Redbird poster realizes the depth NDSU has on the DLine. ISU will have to out-execute the Bison to win this battle, not count on “grind down the defensive line”.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
    LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
    C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
    RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
    RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

I don’t think this Redbird poster realizes the depth NDSU has on the DLine. ISU will have to out-execute the Bison to win this battle, not count on “grind down the defensive line”.
    Any of those guys Kobe Buffalomeat?
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
    LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
    C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
    RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
    RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

we have heard this over and over, remember the SEC line of JSU?? Big doesn't mean shit if they cant move and catch the speed

Illinois St has the type of offense the Bison defense matches up well with. Run heavy with a QB who isn't particularly mobile. I think they can keep the Redbird offense behind the chains by being stout on 1st and 2nd down and then making them rely on their somewhat inconsistent QB to move the chains on 3rd and intermediate/long.

Of course I thought the Bison defense matched up well with UNI also and we all know how that went...

All in all these are two very similar teams but I think Easton Stick, particularly his running ability, will be the X-factor that makes the difference (similar to what it did against SDSU).