Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

The BIZON are gonna sneak up on them like this:

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    It would take a lot of pressure of this team if Special Teams would perform a little better. A theme the past couple years for sure.....
    Please explain where Special Teams has gotten worse.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Please explain where Special Teams has gotten worse.
    Coverage has been sub par. Even Phil mentions how nobody seems to run hard down the field consistently. Punting has gotten way better and Cam's just gonna Cam.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Coverage has been sub par. Even Phil mentions how nobody seems to run hard down the field consistently. Punting has gotten way better and Cam's just gonna Cam.
    Now this is a statement I can understand and work with. Thanks!
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Now this is a statement I can understand and work with. Thanks!
    Compared to the Jackson Koonce (Koontz?) years, special teams is amazing this year. Sorry, but going from LeCompte to Koonce (Koontz?) was downright traumatic. Perhaps the repressed memories are why i can't recall how to spell Jackson's name.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Compared to the Jackson Koonce (Koontz?) years, special teams is amazing this year. Sorry, but going from LeCompte to Koonce (Koontz?) was downright traumatic. Perhaps the repressed memories are why i can't recall how to spell Jackson's name.
    To defend Jackson Koonce a little, the first year he kicked he had ZERO return yards all season.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    To defend Jackson Koonce a little, the first year he kicked he had ZERO return yards all season.
    You didnt use that bullshit excuse did you? He was terrible.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Kick returns have been pretty poor also. They've only had 8 returns all year but the 18.88 yards per kick return average is 90th out of 124 FCS teams. With the caliber of athletes they have back there that should be much better. I'm pretty sure the last kick return TD was Bruce Anderson's Houdini act against UNI in the 2015 quarters. Hopefully that average improves and that dry streak ends soon.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Kick returns have been pretty poor also. They've only had 8 returns all year but the 18.88 yards per kick return average is 90th out of 124 FCS teams. With the caliber of athletes they have back there that should be much better. I'm pretty sure the last kick return TD was Bruce Anderson's Houdini act against UNI in the 2015 quarters. Hopefully that average improves and that dry streak ends soon.
    Didn’t he have another one in the semis that year? Against Richmond?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Didn’t he have another one in the semis that year? Against Richmond?
    Perkins had a punt return TD in that game but I don't think Bruce had a kick return TD. He had another one in the first playoff game that year against Montana.