Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Illinois St has the type of offense the Bison defense matches up well with. Run heavy with a QB who isn't particularly mobile. I think they can keep the Redbird offense behind the chains by being stout on 1st and 2nd down and then making them rely on their somewhat inconsistent QB to move the chains on 3rd and intermediate/long.

Of course I thought the Bison defense matched up well with UNI also and we all know how that went...

All in all these are two very similar teams but I think Easton Stick, particularly his running ability, will be the X-factor that makes the difference (similar to what it did against SDSU).
    If nothing else, a game at home might make the difference.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Line -13.5

O/U 40.5

Hypothetical score of ~27-13.
    Take the over and not to cover
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Take the over and not to cover
    I think we cover. SDSU game only was as close as it was due to an incredible pick by the SDSU corner. This team is not as good as SDSU. Sagarin has this at about exactly -13.5 on the overall, but recent has it at about -17. We lost Bruce, but Brooks and Dunn can carry the load. Plus, our D line matches up favorably with their running attack.

I honestly think NDSU is better than most people are crediting them for at this point. (Please, please don't let the team hear this......)

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m curious to see how well our defense handles their run game. Since we started conference season, our D has not looked nearly as good as I was thinking they would be offseason and have looked looked vulnerable at times in both pass and run defense. They usually seem to kick into a higher gear before playoffs but in conference games this far, they have not looked like a dominant defense. Sat we need our interior D line to have a strong showing. This should be a good game

Our D gave up 9 rushing yards last Saturday....that was pretty doninating I would say.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Our D gave up 9 rushing yards last Saturday....that was pretty doninating I would say.
    This Sat is against a real team...which is why I’m curious to he how we look/are improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    They only ran 18 times and 5 where probably on the last drive. Western got down early and went away from the run. So you have to consider that as well. But yes defense did only give up 9 yards rushing. It is just as misleading as we only passed the ball 20 times and ran it 43 times. We were up and just wanted the clock to run
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The run defense has actually been pretty good.

SDSU 155/27 5.7 average
    UNI 104/40 2.6 average
    WIU 9/18 .5 average

Total 268/85 3.2 average, and 9 sacks (3 each game).

Teams have been passing because they can't run. Well, SDSU did.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    actually only half serious...if i recall the topic has been discussed at lengths multiple times. i am interested to see how well the colors actually match up.
    Check the 2018 uniform thread, there's some clever photo-shopping there to show us what they look like...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

It would take a lot of pressure of this team if Special Teams would perform a little better. A theme the past couple years for sure.....