Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Clickbait. He can't always pick NDSU. He's going to try to use the logic that we always drop one, usually at home. He forgets, however, that it's never to an opponent that we are up for. It's always some weird head scratcher that has some external thing going on.
    I really don’t get where this logic comes from. Our 6 losses under Kleiman are UNI, Montana, USD, SDSUx2, and JMU.

UNI: Main rival at the time, on the road.
    Montana: Traditional FCS power, ESPN kickoff, on the road.
    USD: Maybe the only one of these that qualifies as a let down. But in that game our NFL MVP caliber QB was playing with a broken hand.
    SDSU ‘16: Main rival
    JMU: Semifinals, against the eventual champions
    SDSU ‘17: revenge game on the road against main rivals.

I would argue that going back through the 2013 season, we’ve only had one let down loss, and even that’s arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I really don’t get where this logic comes from. Our 6 losses under Kleiman are UNI, Montana, USD, SDSUx2, and JMU.

USD: Maybe the only one of these that qualifies as a let down. But in that game our NFL MVP caliber QB was playing with a broken hand.

I would argue that going back through the 2013 season, we’ve only had one let down loss, and even that’s arguable.
    The first 3 games Carson was playing through an injury he shouldn't have been.

SDSU 16 was only one on a last minute play that should have drawn a offensive PO penalty.

JMU we were missing major defensive pieces and playing a hobbled MLB.

SDSU was up huge for the 17 game and Easton had a super shitty game.

Call them excuses, I call them reasons.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post

Don't bother....

You guys realize this game isn't going to turn on whether you can convince me we suck or not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

3 of our 5 losses from 2011 to 2015 were to teams that didn't make the playoffs.
    2011 Youngstown
    2012 ISUb
    2015 USD
    I can see the logic but it's starting to get outdated.

Tickets are still available on gobison.com
    for Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Tickets are still available on gobison.com
    for Illinois State
    I'm sure they are returned student tickets. However, either way, one thing that I don't understand is how August 1st when a majority of people are trying to buy single game tickets and it 'sells out' in less than 5 mins; then fast forward to end of October and they are selling tickets the day before the game makes you a little frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I'm sure they are returned student tickets. However, either way, one thing that I don't understand is how August 1st when a majority of people are trying to buy single game tickets and it 'sells out' in less than 5 mins; then fast forward to end of October and they are selling tickets the day before the game makes you a little frustrated.
    Looks like another reassessment of student tickets needs to be undertaken.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    NDSU (like every school) sets aside a certain number of tickets for visiting fans. NDSU releases those late in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU (like every school) sets aside a certain number of tickets for visiting fans. NDSU releases those late in the week.
    I understand this. So you're saying this batch of tickets is 100% visitor tickets?