Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Line -13.5

O/U 40.5

Hypothetical score of ~27-13.
    cue the howls of disrespect and bulletin board material among the Redbird faithful.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

at the end of the day, is he really more than just a mustache?

He hasn't made the playoffs without Roberson and Coprich. He has averaged about 7.5 wins a season over his career at ISU.

He's Mark Farley in a Mike Ditka mask.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some Figures against DI teams only, ISU played a non-DI in their opener

NDSU

Scoring Avg - 39.33 ppg
    Points Allowed avg - 12.5 ppg
    SOS - #6 (45.64 points)

ISU-R

Scoring Avg - 37.6 ppg
    Points Allowed Avg - 14.4 ppg
    SOS - 43 (37.66 points)

Schedules To date

NDSU

Cal Poly - Big Sky
    North Alabama - INDY (Transition team, count as DI)
    Delaware - CAA
    #2 SDSU - MVFC (#3 when they played)
    @ #25 UNI - MVFC (#22 When they played)
    @ Western Ill - MVFC

Illinois St

St Xavier - NAIA (Non counter)
    Eastern Ill - OVC
    @ Colorado St - MWC
    @ Misery St - MVFC (Loss)
    Western Ill - MVFC
    Southern Ill - MVFC

NDSU has played the toughest slate to date, W this week and no reason they are not 11-0, outright MVFC Champs, but anything can happen
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

These are the games that scare me. The ones that people don't really think twice about. Ever since USD beat us at home these 'sure wins' are always iffy in my book.

ISUr isn't a bad team by any means. They throttled Southern Illinois this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    These are the games that scare me. The ones that people don't really think twice about. Ever since USD beat us at home these 'sure wins' are always iffy in my book.

ISUr isn't a bad team by any means. They throttled Southern Illinois this past week.
    Not quite following; this is one of the top teams in the league and throttled colorado st. Who is not thinking twice about it? The team sure better be and Sagarin has it as our toughest remaining game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not quite following; this is one of the top teams in the league and throttled colorado st. Who is not thinking twice about it? The team sure better be and Sagarin has it as our toughest remaining game.
    Agreed. I think many of us feel this game is right up there with SDSU and UNI for difficulty. Southern Illinois is honestly the only game right now that feels "relaxing". Even Mo St. is worth our attention this year.
    Rixen

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post

I dont think the implications of this game vs USD are comparable. USD was really bad in 2015 and hadnt won in Fargo since like the 70s. They were completely irrelevant until all of a sudden they weren't.

ISUr has an FBS win (regardless of opponent) and other than their loss down in Springfield they've proven to be a very formidable opponent. I dont think they've played a team yet that compares to NDSU...but I also think the style of offense the Redbirds run helps them prepare for run heavy teams like NDSU. They also haven't played a team with a defense yet other than WIU and their stats for that game are almost exactly with what NDSU ended up.

Another valley match up between top 10 teams...no way this is a game that is overlooked.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Agreed. I think many of us feel this game is right up there with SDSU and UNI for difficulty. Southern Illinois is honestly the only game right now that feels "relaxing". Even Mo St. is worth our attention this year.
    only fools think this will be an easy game, look at the numbers I posted, pretty damn even. yes we technically have played a more difficult schedule to date, but that doesn't matter IMO.

we NEED to shut down their run game, again we win this game the schedule does indeed soften up, and late season injuries and depth NDSU should be able to overcome the injury season. Thats the advantage NDSU seems to have over other teams. We have seen it year after year, NDSU seems to improve when in reality I think most other teams regress as the season goes on due to lack of depth
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Turns out this will likely be the game that is right up there with SDSU as being the toughest of the regular season. The only people not concerned about this game are the ones not paying attention.