Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Good to see the team come to play. First outdoor game of the season and in less than great weather conditions....not sure if the played a part or not.
    We have a very good punter...every game seems to flip the field or pin the other team deep with an excellent punt.
    Hope Anderson isn't too dinged up...he was running rampant until the injury.
    O-Line needs help on pass blocking or perhaps Stick needs to get rid of the ball sooner...I don't think this was a great D Line for WIU and they spent a lot of time in the backfield.
    I also think LB corp, with the exception of Cox, are a little suspect in some pass coverage. Don't expect them to run with wideouts, but seems like they get caught out of position against TE and RB on wheel routes a little too often...perhaps due to increased blitzing our end.
    I give credit to the WIU game production...watched on ESPN...the OCHO...they were pretty good for college students and their replay stuff was better than we usually see. Cued it up quick and had some pretty good camera angles.
    Brooks had some good runs, it was nice to see him back in rotation being productive after the injury...Cofield is going to blister some team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    1. Both Kickoff units are BAD
    2. Darrius could use a little help from other pass catchers....Freeman has shown a pulse, but no one stands out.
    3. OL is average at best and needs a lot of work
    4. Once is a mistake. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a damn problem. These slow starts will bite back in the playoffs or sooner.
    5. Punting unit has been great.
    6. Been fortunate with limited injuries....until tonight....hope Bruce's hammy isn't too bad, but those injuries linger
    7. Tackling has been gross
    8. Win is a win is a win
    Does the Bison have any other WR's other then Shep? Cannot believe how poor the crew is once you get past Shepherd. A legitimate cause for concern come playoff time. Teams are going to double over the top on Shep or injury and this WR corp may be toast. As for special teams; Vanilla, Vanilla, Vanilla and way below this teams talent level. Something lacking in philosophy or coaching for sure, been a couple years like this. Such a great talented team and roster that these ongoing weaknesses are a mystery!!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Good to see the team come to play. First outdoor game of the season and in less than great weather conditions....not sure if the played a part or not.
    We have a very good punter...every game seems to flip the field or pin the other team deep with an excellent punt.
    Hope Anderson isn't too dinged up...he was running rampant until the injury.
    O-Line needs help on pass blocking or perhaps Stick needs to get rid of the ball sooner...I don't think this was a great D Line for WIU and they spent a lot of time in the backfield.
    I also think LB corp, with the exception of Cox, are a little suspect in some pass coverage. Don't expect them to run with wideouts, but seems like they get caught out of position against TE and RB on wheel routes a little too often...perhaps due to increased blitzing our end.
    I give credit to the WIU game production...watched on ESPN...the OCHO...they were pretty good for college students and their replay stuff was better than we usually see. Cued it up quick and had some pretty good camera angles.
    Brooks had some good runs, it was nice to see him back in rotation being productive after the injury...Cofield is going to blister some team.
    They are Very good up front. 99 Saunders is a DUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Agree. Bison Oline needs to improve Pass Pro, but Westerns front 3 were a solid unit, 99 especially.

My PGTs: I’m worried about the Redbirds, especially their RBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    #99 = NFL, That big guy was in class of his own. No depth on D-line just like the past couple years we have played them, Same story, they dominate the line of scrimmage for about a half and then run out of gas!!! Add depth to that Dline and WIU contends for a conference title.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    #99 = NFL, That big guy was in class of his own. No depth on D-line just like the past couple years we have played them, Same story, they dominate the line of scrimmage for about a half and then run out of gas!!! Add depth to that Dline and WIU contends for a conference title.
    This is correct. #99 was out of gas by halftime. Came out with guns blazing and it worked but the finish was not there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    That being said it I would like to see NDSU offense have more running plays early in the game on the edge instead of the steady diet up the middle for the most part. Get the D-line running side to side and make them tired. We have the depth so it should not be an issue for us.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My PGTs: I’m worried about the Redbirds, especially their RBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Phil was on the Insiders today saying the same. He stressed they need to hit this guy low and wrap up. (You'd think that would be obvious, but man, been a lot of bad tackling this year.)

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agree. Bison Oline needs to improve Pass Pro, but Westerns front 3 were a solid unit, 99 especially.
    Very very quick for a big man. He will get some looks at the next level.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."