Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

There are definitely some improvements to be made with our offense. Defense was lights out with the exception of some tackling, but some of those missed tackles have to be credited to good jukes by the offense. Honestly with some of the comments in the game thread, you'd think we were losing to some pud team...like Elon.

What happened to Grimsley?
    Noticing some low rollers on punt snaps. Wegner has been solid.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I loved all the INT's. Shows what the D can do. I can't believe some people are actually saying WIU is a piss poor team. The reality is, we make good teams look piss poor.
    We do make a lot of good teams look terrible, but I am starting to get a little concerned with our defense. I know we still only gave up 7 but there's something missing in this defense. We're just different out there and I don't know what it is and I'm hoping it doesn't get figured out until after win 15.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    We do make a lot of good teams look terrible, but I am starting to get a little concerned with our defense. I know we still only gave up 7 but there's something missing in this defense. We're just different out there and I don't know what it is and I'm hoping it doesn't get figured out until after win 15.
    Lb corp is not as good as last year... Deluca seemed to take care of the middle of the field.

4 ints, a fumble recovery for a TD. Held them to 9 total rushing yards........But the missed tackles were sloppy

We held them to 9 yards rushing, and the only significant longs passes completed, were jump balls that their guys came down with. Hard to play in a dead stadium.

I love how we win a Valley game by 27, on the road in the middle of nowhere and certain people on BV go into a full-blown meltdown. I cannot imagine living like that, but that's just my opinion. I hope you all find happiness in your life. That's not a shot, as negativity can really affect health.

Good win, Bison! Let's keep rolling!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

The tackling has been an issue for awhile. Need to clean that up.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    We must have run more time off than WIU getting out of the huddle.
    We also scored on D, quick out of the half and they went for it on 4th most of the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I loved all the INT's. Shows what the D can do. I can't believe some people are actually saying WIU is a piss poor team. The reality is, we make good teams look piss poor.
    except, theyre not good at anything. Theyre the 25th ranked FCS team in the sagarin. their 1 TD had some miraculous miscues by NDSU(sack misses and an allison missed INT that should've been 6)...their TD was also one hell of a catch.

This isnt your WIU gritty team from the past 5 years thatll ugly up a game enough to where they can threaten to steal one from the better team...these guys werent any good at all.