Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

I think there was a saying that used to be repeated here often, not sure if the players have ever adopted it, but would be good to keep in mind regarding celebrations, etc. Act like you have been there before! Considering the success of the Bison, bragging or acting out by individuals or groups of players is not necessary and only looks stupid. When at the top flaunting it only looks cocky and leads to a slow demise of a program. Nothing pisses opposition more than handing them their ass and just acting like no big deal. Also, it is a TEAM game. No matter what you do individually you likely have others on the team to thank for making that big play.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I think there was a saying that used to be repeated here often, not sure if the players have ever adopted it, but would be good to keep in mind regarding celebrations, etc. Act like you have been there before! Considering the success of the Bison, bragging or acting out by individuals or groups of players is not necessary and only looks stupid. When at the top flaunting it only looks cocky and leads to a slow demise of a program. Nothing pisses opposition more than handing them their ass and just acting like no big deal. Also, it is a TEAM game. No matter what you do individually you likely have others on the team to thank for making that big play.
    ^ Well said. Let's move on. Someone maybe start a Redbirds game thread? I suspect this one will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Are you assuming Chris? You know what they say about that? You just won't get it. Please continue to not let any facts affect your argument, your intellect has me awestruck.
    What’s there to assume? You attacked a player like he kicked your dog.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'll hold my outrage for when a player gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for actions that are obviously taunting of the opponent. That's when it crosses the line to me. Last year we had a corner obviously taunt a WR after a big hit, that was dumb and poor sportsmanship.

All the other little endzone celebrations are in good fun and aren't hurting anyone or the culture of the program.
    If you think the rules are too stringent concerning end zone celebrations, I am not going to disagree with you.
    But, the way the rules are now, to me it is very simple. Don't do something that might draw a flag!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Goooo sioux!!!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    If you think the rules are too stringent concerning end zone celebrations, I am not going to disagree with you.
    But, the way the rules are now, to me it is very simple. Don't do something that might draw a flag!
    Definitely good to make sure the players know the rules. Teachable moment for the coaching staff as well as individual players if this isn't something they covered with them previously.

Brooks made a mistake. I like what he does at after home games. He celebrates with the team and then heads to the north end zone to talk to the kids and sometimes gives them his gloves. I would rather talk about that.