Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Lee is definitely in his element right now. Lol
    I'm pretty sure Lee just looked at his laptop read my post and gave me a glare through the TV!

Lardsin must go!

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    My god, shouldn't there be some minimum level of facilities, etc. to be a DI program? What a joke.
    There is no way. Start new thread.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That was a solid win. Injuries are starting to mount. Is Volson alright? Bruce? Grimsley?
    Volson returned to the game. Hopefully Bruce was precautionary. Didn't know Grimsley was injured at any point. Tutsuie played being better in coverage and WIU had abandoned the run?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I’m sure I’m in the minority on this but I was ecstatic he did that. Dude is hurt like every god dam play so let him have a little fun when he’s finally able to score.
    I agree. I thought the penalty was for "excessive" celebration. Bowing is not excessive. But, as my wife pointed out...he did bow to the WIU crowd...all 3 of them at that point. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I agree. I thought the penalty was for "excessive" celebration. Bowing is not excessive. But, as my wife pointed out...he did bow to the WIU crowd...all 3 of them at that point. Oh well!
    I listened to the Bison 1660 post game show and it sounded like he took a bow towards NDSU fans, some of which might have been his family.

Personally, I think it was a ticky-tacky penalty and far from excessive. Let the young men play, have fun and show their emotions. Football is a dangerous sport and it only takes one play to end it all.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBison View Post
    There will come a time when we need to put together a complete game though. Offense, defense, four quarters.
    This is one of my least favorite sports clichés of all time. Do you realize how hard it is to beat a team, especially a good team, consistently for 4 quarters? As Lou Holtz once said "the other team gives out scholarships too". The Bison didn't consistently beat JMU for 4 quarters in Frisco last year but they beat them enough to win... that's what it's all about. If you expect all phases to play well for 4 quarters you better hope you're always playing against Big Sky defenses and Patriot League offenses. You won't see that in the MVFC very often if ever. I'll take a 4 TD win on the road in the MVFC where it was 3+ scores for the last 27 minutes of game time every. damn. time. /rant

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I listened to the Bison 1660 post game show and it sounded like he took a bow towards NDSU fans, some of which might have been his family.

Personally, I think it was a ticky-tacky penalty and far from excessive. Let the young men play, have fun and show their emotions. Football is a dangerous sport and it only takes one play to end it all.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    If he would have just bowed instead of running over to bow they more than likely wouldn't have thrown a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    If he would have just bowed instead of running over to bow they more than likely wouldn't have thrown a flag.
    Maybe. I just find it silly when officials and/or fans take offense to someone’s expression of being happy for accomplishing something big in a dangerous sport.

I’m sure glad rodeo fans don’t lose their crap when bull riders and bronc busters do similar acts when they last over eight seconds.

Hail the BISON!!!

Maybe. I just find it silly when officials and/or fans take offense to someone’s expression of being happy for accomplishing something big in a dangerous sport.

I’m sure glad rodeo fans don’t lose their crap when bull riders and bronc busters do similar acts when they last over eight seconds.

Maybe it’s because no one is cheering for the bull?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He brought the big dick energy so let’s move on. I know it’s against the geriatric rules here but let’s get some swagger rolling. We’ve kicked every teams ass this year were rollin. Let’s take some pride in it.