Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Maybe it’s because no one is cheering for the bull?
    You ever meet a PETA person?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    He brought the big dick energy so let’s move on. I know it’s against the geriatric rules here but let’s get some swagger rolling. We’ve kicked every teams ass this year were rollin. Let’s take some pride in it.
    That’s the thing though. A player performs a great play, the fans of the team he plays on celebrate like crazy in the stands, at home and at sports bars. His teammates and coaches celebrate from the sidelines and press box (along with the personalities covering his team). However, it’s wrong for that player to show any emotion.

I can’t be the only one who finds this thinking backwards. I couldn’t imagine the penalties I would commit if fans were flagged for showing emotion because I’m far more excessive than taking a bow.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You ever meet a PETA person?

Not at a rodeo.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    If he would have just bowed instead of running over to bow they more than likely wouldn't have thrown a flag.
    I think you are correct. If he would have gotten up taken his bow, I suspect no penalty. Run 20-30 yards first, you are probably getting a flag. Which to me makes sense, just from a flow of the game point of view.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

That’s the thing though. A player performs a great play, the fans of the team he plays on celebrate like crazy in the stands, at home and at sports bars. His teammates and coaches celebrate from the sidelines and press box (along with the personalities covering his team). However, it’s wrong for that player to show any emotion.

I can’t be the only one who finds this thinking backwards. I couldn’t imagine the penalties I would commit if fans were flagged for showing emotion because I’m far more excessive than taking a bow.

It wasn't just emotion it was taunting. I don't think he should be beaten up for it but we don't need our players doing that. I am sure that Klieman conveyed that message to him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I’m sure I’m in the minority on this but I was ecstatic he did that. Dude is hurt like every god dam play so let him have a little fun when he’s finally able to score.
    Yeah you're in the minority. It was classless. You like that shit become a fan of Miami or one of those other trash programs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It's fine and expected to show emotion. Fist pump, run to your teammates and jump up, hug, whatever. He made a big show of it. I'm 99% sure Coach K isn't cool with that.

It's not the end of the world but that's not how this program has operated. Act like you've been there.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah you're in the minority. It was classless. You like that shit become a fan of Miami or one of those other trash programs.
    The strength is in the herd. Glad a football player agrees. Putting on that green and yellow should be all the swagger they need.

Don't like the roughing the passer penalties either but how is it not holding when the tackle ends up on top of the defensive end every play. Those ends probably get frustrated.

Lardsin must go!

That's the thing..mmm he didn't celebrate with his teammates he taunted the crowd. What could of that panalty have meant in a good close game against a good team? There's no place for that shit.
    They can sit his ass for a game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That's the thing..mmm he didn't celebrate with his teammates he taunted the crowd. What could of that panalty have meant in a good close game against a good team? There's no place for that shit.
    They can sit his ass for a game.
    All Star wrestlers are going to be for showboating

Lardsin must go!