Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Let me and this for you all painlessly. There are a few things in the rule book that are automatic unsportsmanlike conduct. Bowing after a play is one of them. It had nothing to do with where he did it and who he did it to. If he had gone into the bench area where no official would be watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Let me and this for you all painlessly. There are a few things in the rule book that are automatic unsportsmanlike conduct. Bowing after a play is one of them. It had nothing to do with where he did it and who he did it to. If he had gone into the bench area where no official would be watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    If it's in the rule book, that's fine but I have yet to hear why that's somehow detrimental to the game.

That's just silly.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You guys should watch 8 seconds. It will all make sense.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The offense needs some fire.

Cripes, watching the first half it was hard to tell which team's OL was all first year players. Stick has been getting crushed back there three games in a row.
    And we still crushed them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If it's in the rule book, that's fine but I have yet to hear why that's somehow detrimental to the game.

That's just silly.
    I assume it's just to prevent all the excess stuff you see in the NFL. The term we often here is to allow "spontaneous immediate acts of exhuberance by teenagers". I know many players are in their 20s, but you get the idea. High fives, chest bumps, etc. are fine. Quick actions that are borderline are often talk tos (i.e. a quick first down signal when they stand up is warned the first time but flagged if done multiple times or extended). Running to the other side of the end zone to do it only drew more attention to it.

Here is the exact wording of the rule (9-2-1a). (h) is the one that applies here. I guess if he does it after a bad play it's OK?

Specifically prohibited acts and conduct include:
    1. No player, substitute, coach or other person subject to the rules shall use abusive, threatening or obscene language or gestures, or engage in such acts that provoke ill will or are demeaning to an opponent, to game officials or to the image of the game, including but not limited to:
    (a) Pointing the finger(s), hand(s), arm(s) or ball at an opponent, or imitating the slashing of the throat.
    (b) Taunting, baiting or ridiculing an opponent verbally.
    (c) Inciting an opponent or spectators in any other way, such as simulating the firing of a weapon or placing a hand by the ear to request recognition.
    (d) Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves).
    (e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride as he approaches the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end zone.
    (f ) A player removing his helmet after the ball is dead and before he is in the team area (Exceptions: Team, media or injury timeouts; equipment adjustment; through play; between periods; and during a measurement for a first down).
    (g) Punching one’s own chest or crossing one’s arms in front of the chest while standing over a prone player.
    (h) Going into the stands to interact with spectators, or bowing at the waist after a good play.
    (i) Intentionally removing the helmet while the ball is alive.
    (j) Dead-ball contact fouls such as pushing, shoving, striking, etc. that occur clearly after the ball is dead and that are not part of the game action. (A.R. 9-2-1-X)
    (k) After the ball is dead, using forcible contact to push or pull an opponent off the pile. (A.R. 9-2-1-XI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm never making that trip again. The drive home today was one of the worst I ever had. Granted, I drank too much yesterday so I couldn't get back nearly as far as I wanted. Ended up staying in a roadside motel in Havana, IL. Woo!

That 2 hrs on the shittly little highway is awful, worse with a monster hangover.

Protip: If you're going to drink beer all day, a McGriddle and two Italian beef sandwiches is not enough to eat. Also, those Volsons know how to fucking party!
    Monster Rehab works wonders

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    JFC nobody said they cant show emotion. It is and always has been about stupid and excessive celebrations. I dont see whats so hard to understand about that.
    Needs something to bitch about. We won handily

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How many sports are out there where your physical (and sometimes mental) well-being is going to be negatively affected when participating at a high-level as much as it happens in football? That’s the comparison between the two.

Hopefully, this helps you understand my point of why we don’t need to be so vitriol towards those that show emotions in those sports. Let them have their cake.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Many sports.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Simply put, don't do anything that might hurt the TEAM. Unsportsmanlike conduct is a penalty that hurts the TEAM.
    Sure, we had the game in hand but what if he does it again on a go ahead score late in the 4th qtr giving our opponent good field position. I've seen football games lost that way!

Good lord. If it was 27 24 ndsu with 2 min left and they just got 15 free yards on an ensuing kick off...yes have this convo

If you go up 34-7 with 5 min left and youre against pud state...let CK talk to him. .which he obviously did and move on