Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    BS, without fan support we would be like ISUb, WIU etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I know it's word for word in there so it's automatic, but how is this truly different than Crockett waiving to the crowd after he scored or whoever we had that did the military salute? (I think that was Roehl but definitely Terrell Davis with the Broncos)
    Jensen did that. Started with the belt I and then every year added a finger to the salute for the championship he was going for I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Not one person mentioned anything about not being able to show emotion on the field. Do you suggest that college football do away with the unsportsmanlike penalty? That way players can express themselves however they wish. No one on the NDSU sideline disputed that Brooks deserved a penalty.
    I explained why they show emotion and why they should. What part of my many explanations don't you understand? In regards to the rules, yes, they're a bit overboard and the NFL finally figured it out last year. In regards to how this message board reacts when Bison athletes show any emotion after a great play is inexcusable including your post:

Brooks needs to check his ego at the door. They should sit his ass.
    Yes, the penalty sucks, but nobody here overacts with the same type of disdain when NDSU players commit other penalties that cost them 15 yards like pass interference, roughing the passer or face-masking. Until Saturday, Brooks has been pretty quite and humble, then one action, and this message board goes overboard. If anyone needs reassess their ego, it's a few of us on this board. I don't know if you personally have some type of issue with Brooks because he plays/played with your son, but if I had to guess, I would say you do.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Jensen did that. Started with the belt I and then every year added a finger to the salute for the championship he was going for I believe.
    Tyler Roehl did a salute a number of times to honor his brother in 2007. He was warned at least once by officials to knock it off.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Let me and this for you all painlessly. There are a few things in the rule book that are automatic unsportsmanlike conduct. Bowing after a play is one of them. It had nothing to do with where he did it and who he did it to. If he had gone into the bench area where no official would be watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    So Butler should have been flagged. Is there an exemption somewhere if the player family name gives justification for such actions?

Oh my...some of you need to go spend some quality time with your significant others. If you do have one, get off the keyboard and find one.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Oh my...some of you need to go spend some quality time with your significant others. If you do have one, get off the keyboard and find one.
    Agree completely... It makes bisonville pretty much unbearable for most...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I explained why they show emotion and why they should. What part of my many explanations don't you understand? In regards to the rules, yes, they're a bit overboard and the NFL finally figured it out last year. In regards to how this message board reacts when Bison athletes show any emotion after a great play is inexcusable including your post:

Yes, the penalty sucks, but nobody here overacts with the same type of disdain when NDSU players commit other penalties that cost them 15 yards like pass interference, roughing the passer or face-masking. Until Saturday, Brooks has been pretty quite and humble, then one action, and this message board goes overboard. If anyone needs reassess their ego, it's a few of us on this board. I don't know if you personally have some type of issue with Brooks because he plays/played with your son, but if I had to guess, I would say you do.
    You keep making these generalizations like the whole board is blowing up. I think your usage of terms like "disdain" and "vitriol" is a little over the top. Also, I don't think anyone has said players should not display any emotion after a play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Are you assuming Chris? You know what they say about that? You just won't get it. Please continue to not let any facts affect your argument, your intellect has me awestruck.

I'll hold my outrage for when a player gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for actions that are obviously taunting of the opponent. That's when it crosses the line to me. Last year we had a corner obviously taunt a WR after a big hit, that was dumb and poor sportsmanship.

All the other little endzone celebrations are in good fun and aren't hurting anyone or the culture of the program.