Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Good lord. If it was 27 24 ndsu with 2 min left and they just got 15 free yards on an ensuing kick off...yes have this convo

If you go up 34-7 with 5 min left and youre against pud state...let CK talk to him. .which he obviously did and move on
    Wrong answer. The players should hear about it from the fan base. Its unacceptable behavior. Public pressure and expectations are certainly part of the culture that is NDSU.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Wrong answer. The players should hear about it from the fan base. Its unacceptable behavior. Public pressure and expectations are certainly part of the culture that is NDSU.

There it is. We are fans, not Stans, they don't belong to us.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

wow, Ty takes a bow and Bisonville calls for heads...lol

flame on

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The young man got excited and made a mistake. It didn't hurt the team this time. I'm willing to bet the coaches and upperclassmen have already addressed it, and it will not happen again. Better now than December.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    wow, Ty takes a bow and Bisonville calls for heads...lol

flame on
    Not calling for anybody's head, just make sure he doesn't do it again. I'm sure that's what Coach talked to him about.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How many sports are out there where your physical (and sometimes mental) well-being is going to be negatively affected when participating at a high-level as much as it happens in football? That’s the comparison between the two.

Hopefully, this helps you understand my point of why we don’t need to be so vitriol towards those that show emotions in those sports. Let them have their cake.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Not one person mentioned anything about not being able to show emotion on the field. Do you suggest that college football do away with the unsportsmanlike penalty? That way players can express themselves however they wish. No one on the NDSU sideline disputed that Brooks deserved a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Some people take a game played by 18-21 yr olds a tad too serious.

In other news, congratulations to Easton Stick on his new job.

The Bison weren’t perfect — Western Illinois’ defense staggered them at times. But the tests they have had in the last week — a road game at Northern Iowa, plus a Wednesday practice in snow in Fargo, prepared them for the challenge of another road game.

“We play to a standard, and that’s every day in practice,” North Dakota State coach Easton Stick said.
    http://www.thehawkeye.com/sports/201...ard-buries-wiu
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    BS, without fan support we would be like ISUb, WIU etc.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I assume it's just to prevent all the excess stuff you see in the NFL. The term we often here is to allow "spontaneous immediate acts of exhuberance by teenagers". I know many players are in their 20s, but you get the idea. High fives, chest bumps, etc. are fine. Quick actions that are borderline are often talk tos (i.e. a quick first down signal when they stand up is warned the first time but flagged if done multiple times or extended). Running to the other side of the end zone to do it only drew more attention to it.

Here is the exact wording of the rule (9-2-1a). (h) is the one that applies here. I guess if he does it after a bad play it's OK?

Specifically prohibited acts and conduct include:
    1. No player, substitute, coach or other person subject to the rules shall use abusive, threatening or obscene language or gestures, or engage in such acts that provoke ill will or are demeaning to an opponent, to game officials or to the image of the game, including but not limited to:
    (a) Pointing the finger(s), hand(s), arm(s) or ball at an opponent, or imitating the slashing of the throat.
    (b) Taunting, baiting or ridiculing an opponent verbally.
    (c) Inciting an opponent or spectators in any other way, such as simulating the firing of a weapon or placing a hand by the ear to request recognition.
    (d) Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves).
    (e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride as he approaches the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end zone.
    (f ) A player removing his helmet after the ball is dead and before he is in the team area (Exceptions: Team, media or injury timeouts; equipment adjustment; through play; between periods; and during a measurement for a first down).
    (g) Punching one’s own chest or crossing one’s arms in front of the chest while standing over a prone player.
    (h) Going into the stands to interact with spectators, or bowing at the waist after a good play.
    (i) Intentionally removing the helmet while the ball is alive.
    (j) Dead-ball contact fouls such as pushing, shoving, striking, etc. that occur clearly after the ball is dead and that are not part of the game action. (A.R. 9-2-1-X)
    (k) After the ball is dead, using forcible contact to push or pull an opponent off the pile. (A.R. 9-2-1-XI)
    I know it's word for word in there so it's automatic, but how is this truly different than Crockett waiving to the crowd after he scored or whoever we had that did the military salute? (I think that was Roehl but definitely Terrell Davis with the Broncos)