Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Western Illinois

How do the other teams defense lose track of Shepard? I'd double team him and then just have everyone else stopping the run.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They showed on the KVLY broadcast him getting a pretty lengthy "talking to" by Klieman when he got to the sideline. Klieman didnt get animated at all but it was a good 20 seconds of him calmly talking into Brooks' earhole. I'd say the situation was handled and I'd be very surprised to see it happen again.
    I agree. They'll handle it and move on. I'm sure he's a good kid and he'll learn from this and handle it differently the next time he's in the end zone, which I'm sure will be very soon.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Hand the ball to the official...act like you've been there before...and plan to be back.
    This is the other detail I haven't seen mentioned. He ran right past an official and tossed the ball on the ground. Then did the bow right in front of another official. He could have handed the ball to either official and pointed to the crowd and there would have been no flag. I was expecting a flag to be thrown.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

How about the kickers last night outside. Cam and Garrett A+!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bulter did the same thing minus running to sidelines first.

Turned to the sidelines and took a fancy man bow.

How bout all the times opposing players tell the Fargodome to "shush" after scoring a TD?

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    How about the kickers last night outside. Cam and Garrett A+!

Long kickoff return Cam left the kick too much towards the center of the field.

A-

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree. They'll handle it and move on. I'm sure he's a good kid and he'll learn from this and handle it differently the next time he's in the end zone, which I'm sure will be very soon.
    The offense needs some fire.

Cripes, watching the first half it was hard to tell which team's OL was all first year players. Stick has been getting crushed back there three games in a row.

Best story as the Kvly folks having to buy tickets to erect a wooden base to do the game from the bleachers.
    Pictures all over twitter and Facebook
    It was 46 degrees but felt much colder with the damp air.
    We had many more fans than western. And of course we won the tailgate.
    Thanks to PL and Tony for the fantastic eats! I sure wish they catered.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Long kickoff return Cam left the kick too much towards the center of the field.

A-
    Missed tackle at the 23 not Cam's fault

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The offense needs some fire.

Cripes, watching the first half it was hard to tell which team's OL was all first year players. Stick has been getting crushed back there three games in a row.
    Agreed, maybe I'm just imagining it but part of the problem to me seems to be he usually doesn't have any outlets. It seems most every is running intermediate to deep routes so if Stick does get pressured he either needs to escape himself (which he's obviously pretty good at) or eat it and take a sack. Would be nice to see a back or tight end be available for him to dump it to when he's under pressure even if it's for a minimal gain.