Thread: NDSU vs WI - stats & prediction

Hybrid View

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU vs WI - stats & prediction

From "Athlon", Pre season picks.
    Week 6 - Oct. 6 at Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
    Few FCS games are more physical at the line of scrimmage than this rivalry. The trip to the UNI-Dome should be the Bison’s toughest road game. They sacked UNI quarterback Eli Dunne six times in last year’s 30-14 win.

"Massey Ratings" & Prediction
    Massey has NDSU winning 35 - 17 & a 90% chance of winning
    https://www.masseyratings.com/games?dt=20181012#CF-FCS

Massy rankings, Oct 6th - NDSU ranked #1 in FCS
    https://www.masseyratings.com/games?dt=20181012#CF-FCS

NDSU scores 40 ppg opponents 13-14 ppg

I'll go with NDSU 37 WI 17

Maybe it should be NDSU 41 WI 17
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: NDSU vs WI - stats & prediction

Cool story bro warning......

September 29th, 2007:

On a windy and warm autumn afternoon in Macomb, IL, quarterback Steve Walker and a Herd of virtual unknowns in white jerseys and green pants made the 3 mile trek from the visitor's locker room to WIU's Hanson Field. The Bison, transitioning from Division 2, were making their first appearance on this particular campus.

On NDSU's second drive: It was 3rd and 2. Tyler Roehl, took the handoff from Walker on a dive play. He was hit hard by a Leatherneck linebacker stopping him short of the 1st down by a yard. I was on the sideline and suddenly heard a boisterous fan yell, "Welcome to the Valley muther f***er!!" I turned and saw this guy leaning against the fence in front of the home stands. He was shirtless, sans a few teeth, and presumably hammered.

Bohl went for it on 4th down. NDSU picked up the first down as Roehl picked up 7. Four plays later, the visiting Bison were in the end zone en route to a 41-28 win.

The obnoxious heckler that had been so excited earlier was no where to be found by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Cool story bro warning......

September 29th, 2007:

On a windy and warm autumn afternoon in Macomb, IL, quarterback Steve Walker and a Herd of virtual unknowns in white jerseys and green pants made the 3 mile trek from the visitor's locker room to WIU's Hanson Field. The Bison, transitioning from Division 2, were making their first appearance on this particular campus.

On NDSU's second drive: It was 3rd and 2. Tyler Roehl, took the handoff from Walker on a dive play. He was hit hard by a Leatherneck linebacker stopping him short of the 1st down by a yard. I was on the sideline and suddenly heard a boisterous fan yell, "Welcome to the Valley muther f***er!!" I turned and saw this guy leaning against the fence in front of the home stands. He was shirtless, sans a few teeth, and presumably hammered.

Bohl went for it on 4th down. NDSU picked up the first down as Roehl picked up 7. Four plays later, the visiting Bison were in the end zone en route to a 41-28 win.

The obnoxious heckler that had been so excited earlier was no where to be found by halftime.
    OK I'll go with 41 to 17
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    OK I'll go with 41 to 17
    this ones gonna be a romp

48-10 ignoring gabage time TD's

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    this ones gonna be a romp

48-10 ignoring gabage time TD's
    Well pee in their eyes and call them nasty, bad names when the game is over & NDSU moves on towards the playoffs and another NC.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 10-12-2018 at 09:19 PM.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this is the game where the defense gets back to us wondering if they will give up anymore TD's. Western may get points but no TD's. 48-6.