Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Default Re: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    "Injured his ankle"

You sound like a bunny poster.
    Not really. Bruce had injured his ankle prior to the SDSU game, but Rozeboom made sure it stayed that way for pretty much the rest of the season.

2016 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Played in 9 of 14 games...Missed the Illinois State homecoming game with an ankle sprain and re-injured it in the home loss to South Dakota State...Returned to the field at South Dakota in the regular-season finale and played in all three playoff games...Averaged 6.7 yards per carry with 38 attempts for 253 yards and one score...Had a season-long 61-yard run for a touchdown in the second round win over San Diego...NDSU's primary kickoff returner when healthy...Averaged 20.2 yards on 18 kick returns.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Not really. I believe Bruce had injured his ankle prior to the SDSU game, but Rozethug made sure it stayed that way for pretty much the rest of the season.
    Fixed it.....
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Judging by these numbers, Bruce's Kick Returning helps his case, but also something that hasn't been mentioned yet, is the timing of their respective major injuries. Bruce injured his ankle pretty bad his Sophomore season and recovered to have great Junior and Senior seasons. Meanwhile, Lance severely injured his hip midway through his Junior season after being a man on a mission (he was a major TD machine at the time). I'm not sure he has completely recovered from that injury. Had the hip injury never occurred, I'm not sure Bruce goes on to have a monster Junior season and a great Senior season as Lance up to that time seemed (and I could be wrong here) to be the 1A RB.

Therefore, Bruce's return game and the timing of their respective injuries might be the reason why Anderson is the NDSU RB that NFL scouts are looking at instead of Lance. If Lance doesn't hurt his hip, the sky might have been the limit for him. Both were great players for NDSU and I'm glad we got to witness their contributions.
    This was exactly my observation of these two guys. I couldn't agree more.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anderson did not receive a combine invite. In fact, no FCS RB received an invite and only 14/338 invited players are from the FCS. The good ol' boys network is in full effect this year. FBS bias is pretty high this year, apparently. That is a very disappointing number of FCS players.

It is also worth noting that Jimmy Moreland and B.J. Blunt were huge FCS snubs as well.

Man, that sucks for Bruce. He gets hurt in the Senior Bowl early in the week and then doesn't even get invited to the combine.

I had heard he was grading out as an early day 3 pick too before the Senior Bowl... I would've thought that would mean an automatic invite. I guess that grade was embellished.

Great video and evaluation of Bruce.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lM7jDb6x0

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    Great video and evaluation of Bruce.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lM7jDb6x0
    I haven't found any online scouts who have watched Bruce Anderson and come away unimpressed. His tape is generally pretty impressive.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Anderson did not receive a combine invite. In fact, no FCS RB received an invite and only 14/338 invited players are from the FCS. The good ol' boys network is in full effect this year. FBS bias is pretty high this year, apparently. That is a very disappointing number of FCS players.
    Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone to start a combine focused on FCS players.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I haven't found any online scouts who have watched Bruce Anderson and come away unimpressed. His tape is generally pretty impressive.

Lardsin must go!