Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Default Re: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

I find it hard to believe that any team would sit on a UDFA who might be injured and hasnt really shown anything.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that any team would sit on a UDFA who might be injured and hasnt really shown anything.
    Honestly, the situation is baffling to me. Why keep him on the roster if he isn’t playing? But also, how do you keep a guy who hasn’t shown anything in preseason? How have the practices gone? Honestly, we all got spoiled with the fantastic coverage of the Eagles beat writers. Other teams have pretty crummy coverage in comparison.

It seems obvious to me he is likely to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Honestly, the situation is baffling to me. Why keep him on the roster if he isn’t playing? But also, how do you keep a guy who hasn’t shown anything in preseason? How have the practices gone? Honestly, we all got spoiled with the fantastic coverage of the Eagles beat writers. Other teams have pretty crummy coverage in comparison.
    After watching the preseason it obvious that there has been a shift in preseason strategy. IMO Over the past couple of years teams arent working their starters as much in these game. Some arent playing in exhibition games at all. They are getting their reps in the interleague scrimmages. The teams are keep more camp bodies around unless a specific need arises or a player of interest comes on the market.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Either they are trying to hide him for the practice squad or he’s about to cut. The latter seems likely. Injuries have always been the problem for Bruce. Talent is there to make an impact in the league, but if he can’t stay healthy he will be gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    After watching the preseason it obvious that there has been a shift in preseason strategy. IMO Over the past couple of years teams arent working their starters as much in these game. Some arent playing in exhibition games at all. They are getting their reps in the interleague scrimmages. The teams are keep more camp bodies around unless a specific need arises or a player of interest comes on the market.
    The Rams created a paradigm shift last year when they sat their starters all preseason and went on to make the Super Bowl. With how much money is being invested into top players, I can’t be mad seeing them being sat in meaningless games. Plus, this creates more opportunities for teams to find diamonds in the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Here’s to hoping that Bruce actually gets to play tonight. Ogunbowale has not looked good tonight, both running the ball and blocking...still, it’s hard to believe Bruce has any chance of making the roster. At this point, the practice squad might be a stretch.

Bruce is finally in the game early in the 3rd. Maybe can play into a practice squad spot?

TD Bruce Anderson! 10 carries for 39 yards, which is easily the best of the RB’s tonight. Most RB’s have been hit at the line or behind it on every play...

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see there's a Cichy playing for the Bucs? Anyone know if there's a Fargo connection?
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)