Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

I am irritated that Lance Dunn wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He is a hands down risk free 100% money back guaranteed 3rd round pick.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I am irritated that Lance Dunn wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He is a hands down risk free 100% money back guaranteed 3rd round pick.
    Lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I kind of expect to see Lance in a team's camp.

NDSU certainly has been blessed with an excellent string of RBs. And both Lance and Bruce just got better and better.
    NDSU has been blessed with good QBs too !
    Perhaps more so than RBs. Last two QBs made it to the pros, and Stick is (it looks like) heading there too.
    How many college teams in the U.S. have done this? Three QBs in a row, in the pros somewhere.
    (OK, this is a Bruce and a RB thread.)

I think Lance is a hell of a running back. Less powerful than Bruce but a bit faster and makes people miss.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Dog Nitro View Post
    Love Both Backs but for argument sake let's do some comparisons

Player, Games Played, Career Rushing Yards, Career Receiving Yards, Career Rushes, Career Receptions, Rushing TD's, Receiving TD's, No. of Kick Returns, Return Yards, Return TD's

Bruce, 52, 2896, 448, 486, 32, 24, 7, 52, 1360, 2
    Lance 48, 3028, 321, 514, 33, 33, 5, 5, 88, 0

Who is the more complete Running Back? With the exception of Kick returns, which is not strictly a running back position, very debatable.
    It actually isn't debateable. Bruce is a better pass catcher, route runner. Hence one of the reasons he was invited to Senior Bowl and getting draft looks. That being said, Im glad we had both!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It actually isn't debateable. Bruce is a better pass catcher, route runner. Hence one of the reasons he was invited to Senior Bowl and getting draft looks. That being said, Im glad we had both!
    I agree we were lucky to have both. Having said that if I were drafting only one it would be Bruce because of his versatility. In addition to his pass catching ability he ranks #5 in the all-purpose yards, #2 in KR return yards, tied for first in KR TD's and #4 in average KR yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think Lance is a hell of a running back. Less powerful than Bruce but a bit faster and makes people miss.
    Less powerful ???, he single handedly pushed Desmond King a former Hawkeye CB , current NFL DB during that game and stored a TD.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Less powerful ???, he single handedly pushed Desmond King a former Hawkeye CB , current NFL DB during that game and stored a TD.
    Any good running back should be able to shove a CB out of the way.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No he didn't. On a breakaway run, King pushed Dunn out of bounds and King chopped the ball free as well. Like Dunn myself....just have to point out that you're wrong again.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!