Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Default Re: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The LBs are already close enough to the LOS due to the threat of the run. I think it was in his press conference after the SDSU game but someone (I believe it was Ross Uglem) asked Klieman if they're trying to push the ball more downfield this year based on Easton's yards per attempt and completion and Klieman said it's more what has been available due to the fact that teams are packing in so tight against the run and Easton recognizing that.
    Than ask Klieman if a short crossing route just behind the LB's and in front of the Safeties would be a wise call? Ryan Smith made a Bison career out of it. Make damn sure we dont throw the ball down the seams to a TE either! NDSU could run dive plays every down and beat 80% of the teams they face, lets add some plays back in that we may need later on post season. Sticks running ability has made this offense look a lot more balanced that it really is, I hope he doesnt get dinged.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Than ask Klieman if a short crossing route just behind the LB's and in front of the Safeties would be a wise call? Ryan Smith made a Bison career out of it. Make damn sure we dont throw the ball down the seams to a TE either! NDSU could run dive plays every down and beat 80% of the teams they face, lets add some plays back in that we may need later on post season. Sticks running ability has made this offense look a lot more balanced that it really is, I hope he doesnt get dinged.
    Have you watched the last two games? Shepherd has made a killing out of the slot (same position Smith played). He has been great getting behind the linebackers and in-between the safeties. Also the only game Stick has had a lot of designed runs was SDSU. He only had 4 carries against UNI. One carry was a sack, two were scramble plays, and only one designed run that went 31 yards for TD.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Have you watched the last two games? Shepherd has made a killing out of the slot (same position Smith played). He has been great getting behind the linebackers and in-between the safeties. Also the only game Stick has had a lot of designed runs was SDSU. He only had 4 carries against UNI. One carry was a sack, two were scramble plays, and only one designed run that went 31 yards for TD.
    What about the designed run that he bounced out for a 1 yd TD?

I don't get the concern about opening up the offensive playbook and tight ends at this point. The offense has averaged 36.2 points a game. I didn't count the two defensive TDs and the gimme against Delaware that would raise the average to 40.4. Add in 463.4 yards of offense a game and an average of 7.5 yards a play. There may come a time for different schemes, but why put them on tape now?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I don't get the concern about opening up the offensive playbook and tight ends at this point. The offense has averaged 36.2 points a game. I didn't count the two defensive TDs and the gimme against Delaware that would raise the average to 40.4. Add in 463.4 yards of offense a game and an average of 7.5 yards a play. There may come a time for different schemes, but why put them on tape now?
    The Bison shouldn't have to worry about opening the playbook. They have one of the best olines, best QBs, best stable of RBs and best defenses in all of FCS. Just put the hammer down!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Well, according to an interview of Shepherd on 1660 today on the Insiders Darius said the coaches have been playing him at different positions. He said that the reason he has found success in the past two games is that the coaches have put him on the “outside” rather than in the slot where he has normally played. Based on what I heard Shepherd say I can’t help but wonder if you’ve watched the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, according to an interview of Shepherd on 1660 today on the Insiders Darius said the coaches have been playing him at different positions. He said that the reason he has found success in the past two games is that the coaches have put him on the “outside” rather than in the slot where he has normally played. Based on what I heard Shepherd say I can’t help but wonder if you’ve watched the last two games.
    Watch the tape. You will see where he's done most his damage. One touchdown he started outside and motioned to the slot.

And I guess maybe I shouldn't of specified slot. But he does his work over he middle, very similar to Ryan Smith. And yes I watched the games. I attended.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    What about the designed run that he bounced out for a 1 yd TD?

Missed 1. I was just saying that he hasn't taken a lot of hits in the run game because we haven't had to set up designed running plays for him. A lot of his runs in the SDSU game were on scrambles.

NFL Draft Scout has Bruce ranked as the #19 RB in the country as of today.http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprof...2019&genpos=RB

If our guy can just stay healthy and find some great combine training he might just get himself drafted in the mid rounds. His special teams segment of his resume is excellent.

Thirty RB's were invited to the combine last year so I expect he will be a shoe-in for an invite, especially if he gets a Shrine invite and has a good week there.

Health is the key. If he shines in the playoffs this year, he might just get himself further up in the rankings.

I expect Darren Sproles will retire next year, and a lot of rumors about Ajayi's knees have been around since his medicals at the combine. Ajayi will be an UFA. Smallwood seems to have ball security issues and Clement is painfully slow. There might just be a possibility of Bruce being reunited with Wentz. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles actually use two picks on RB's in next year's draft.

BTW: Eagles are looking good come draft day 2019: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...broncos-future

If nothing else, Bruce Almighty with one of those 7ths?