Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois and Rain

Default Re: Western Illinois and Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    First road trip of the year for me. Pickup full of buddies to make the trek to Macomb.
    Sweet! See you there!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    First road trip of the year for me. Pickup full of buddies to make the trek to Macomb.
    Bring a map

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    We? As in you're making the trip?
    Of course.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Of course.
    Good. I was afraid everyone would go last week and skip this week. Be good to see some familiar faces.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Good. I was afraid everyone would go last week and skip this week. Be good to see some familiar faces.
    Who could pass up a $5.00 football ticket?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Who could pass up a $5.00 football ticket?
    It's only $5? My beer budget just went up!

Mo State is the only one I remember with a ticket that cheap.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless of conditions the Bison need to take care of the ball. If I remember correctly the leathernecks go out of their way to try and strip or punch the ball out at first contact and throughout a tackle. They focus on this so much that if a team takes care of the ball several more yards can be gained on each play.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Did you even check a weather report before starting this thread? Everything I've checked says rain Tuesday into Wednesday morning. Then nothing until Saturday night. Low winds. Highs around 50. I swear people just create drama to have drama in their life. And let's say it is raining Saturday. Well guess what? Fargo turned into Seattle suddenly and we have the exact same weather going on right now with 4 outdoor fields the team can practice on. Rain and cold weather has been the norm for over a week now. Sorry for the rant.
    Too many pucks to the head.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our coaching staff that has won 3 out of the last 4 national championships knows what they are doing. Besides they play on turf and we practice on turf outside. And it's been raining all week here too. We didn't have a problem playing in the snow and rain at Illinois State last year. Not sure why rain is such a big deal. Both teams have to deal with it.
    I wouldn't say we didn't have any problem with the weather at Illinois St. last year. We scored to break up a scoreless game midway through the 3rd qtr and had 15 yards passing the entire game. But, the weather never effected the outcome as we handled it as good or better than the Redbirds. If I remember right there were no passing yards for either team at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I wouldn't say we didn't have any problem with the weather at Illinois St. last year. We scored to break up a scoreless game midway through the 3rd qtr and had 15 yards passing the entire game. But, the weather never effected the outcome as we handled it as good or better than the Redbirds. If I remember right there were no passing yards for either team at halftime.
    We were so miserable. It was cold and wet. And it was so much fun. I am glad we went.
    Dress warm and bring rain gear. Western Illinois will be fun too