Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 6 Polls

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Week 6 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Not sure where to post this but what I find interesting is JMU's coaches choice of words about their loss after the game...

I guess the best thing to do is blame your players for the loss...not yourself.
    or maybe the players are getting away from the coaches and getting cocky, one thing NDSU has been very lucky is the fact the kids seem to stay Humble, hence what makes a damn 7 year span we are in so incredibly unbelievable and something I doubt ever happens again

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Maybe if he spoke with a little more intensity before the games, his players would pay attention?

Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Like this?

Now we know why those darn Ruskies cheat so much!
    Hail the BISON!!!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    or maybe the players are getting away from the coaches and getting cocky, one thing NDSU has been very lucky is the fact the kids seem to stay Humble, hence what makes a damn 7 year span we are in so incredibly unbelievable and something I doubt ever happens again
    As I looked back at NDSUs history, before FCS, you've always been winners.
    All those winning coaches you had before FCS probably instilled the same type of order, installed self-discipline & humility in their players.
    I also have to wonder about the players you recruit. Is it their mid-western values that they bring to NDSU?

I know the U of Miami had winning teams in the 80s without installing great attributes in their players, but NDSU is doing it right.
    I hope the NDSU players keep those positive values after leaving NDSU.

TALON
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    As I looked back at NDSUs history, before FCS, you've always been winners.
    All those winning coaches you had before FCS probably instilled the same type of order, installed self-discipline & humility in their players.
    I also have to wonder about the players you recruit. Is it their mid-western values that they bring to NDSU?

I know the U of Miami had winning teams in the 80s without installing great attributes in their players, but NDSU is doing it right.
    I hope the NDSU players keep those positive values after leaving NDSU.

TALON
    Do you remember where this Bison program was at leading up to FCS? Players werent missing games for injuries, they were missing games for jail time!!!! Something many already have forgotten about that Coach Bohl did for this program.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Do you remember where this Bison program was at leading up to FCS? Players werent missing games for injuries, they were missing games for jail time!!!! Something many already have forgotten about that Coach Bohl did for this program.
    Well, I like coach Bohl as much as anyone, but there were plenty of shenanigans that went on under his watch in the early days. It did improve significantly over time and has been great under Coach K. Even though there were some issues here and there, I don't get the sense that NDSU ever had a terrible program. Anytime you put together a team of young people, you're going to have some issues as most teams do around the country.

Lately though, I'd have to say they get high marks in terms of off the field problems and academics in addition to the obvious football success.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Well, I like coach Bohl as much as anyone, but there were plenty of shenanigans that went on under his watch in the early days. It did improve significantly over time and has been great under Coach K. Even though there were some issues here and there, I don't get the sense that NDSU ever had a terrible program.

****Anytime you put together a team of young people, you're going to have some issues as most teams do around the country.

Lately though, I'd have to say they get high marks in terms of off the field problems and academics in addition to the obvious football success.
    When GSUs Head Coach Monken was offered a Job at Army he took it and left GSU. He was an assistant coach for Paul Johnson at both Navy and GT.
    One of the things Monken stated was "The time he spent handing discipline problems at Army made his job a lot easer."

All of you can remember when you were back at NDSU. 18-22 year olds are still kids and need to be checked on by parents and coaches. They are still developing there social and moral compass. It is a tough job developing that when a student leaves home and has the freedom to decide many things for themselves. More power to your coaches and parents!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

No, you NDSU fans back in the day know much more of your football history than I ever will. I wont comment on your statement. I'll let guys inform me.

IIRC, it was in '09 when the Best Buy scandal happened . That was a rough year...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds about right. I quit there spring of '09 and happened not too terribly long after I had left.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk