Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hey, that's better than Indiana State.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ESPN has the attendance at 9,899
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can our offense please figure out crossing patterns?? I've been asking this for years. If you are playing against a zone you just run your route into the empty area. If you are playing against man toast your guy off the line and you should be wide open the entire route. I know UNI's WR's are faster than ours, but they ran that perfectly yesterday and toasted us all day long. If our WR's are just as fast well let's go then on this.

Also I find it interesting how much UNI spread out our defense and how well they hit the angles that we could not defend. I don't know if that was being spread out too much or if we played poor assignment defense or if they were just schemed up well against us and completed their assignments very well. Glad this was early in the season so we can get it figured out as we go here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Can our offense please figure out crossing patterns?? I've been asking this for years. If you are playing against a zone you just run your route into the empty area. If you are playing against man toast your guy off the line and you should be wide open the entire route. I know UNI's WR's are faster than ours, but they ran that perfectly yesterday and toasted us all day long. If our WR's are just as fast well let's go then on this.

Also I find it interesting how much UNI spread out our defense and how well they hit the angles that we could not defend. I don't know if that was being spread out too much or if we played poor assignment defense or if they were just schemed up well against us and completed their assignments very well. Glad this was early in the season so we can get it figured out as we go here.
    We have one Div I WR on this roster, what do you expect? Running backs to go down field to make big pass plays???

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Nope just showed him where he could Stick it with that last TD. Playing like Walter Payton right now. 6TDs yesterday.
    I'm from Chicago. There was nothing by Stick on Saturday that even remotely reminded me of Walter Payton. In fact, I was not impressed with Stick in the first half. He seemed to get flustered by the rush and was missing some throws. His runs in the second half were really nice . . . but not Walter Payton nice!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I'm from Chicago. There was nothing by Stick on Saturday that even remotely reminded me of Walter Payton. In fact, I was not impressed with Stick in the first half. He seemed to get flustered by the rush and was missing some throws. His runs in the second half were really nice . . . but not Walter Payton nice!
    #23 desperately reaching out to try to catch Easton as he gallops away from him was my favorite moment of the game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Let's get this party started early.

1) Easton Stick. Still the best QB in the Valley. Beautiful game.
    2) That outside run was a work of art all game. Bruce made it look easy all game.
    3) UNI should start a new wall for Three Quarter Championships and enjoy their moral victory.
    4) Glad to see Klieman doesn't seem as intimidated as he used to in the aluminum can that is the UNI Dump.
    5) Third down defense was downright awful all game. I hope we get those kinks worked out. Despite that Dunne had a good game. A lot of those throws (especially early) were right on the money.
    6) Early season adversity will pay dividends down the stretch. It didn't seem like anyone panicked in the slightest over the 14 point hole.

Safe travels everyone.

1. Stick seemed to get better as the game went on. Good trait for a championship QB.
    2. A few times, I was baffled at how well you guys got around the corners. That had to include some bad containment by us.
    3. Truth hurts!
    4. Seemed like it took a half for him to do so.
    5. Indeed. I was loving the connection between QB and receivers. #4 is going to fun (for us) to watch for four years!
    6. I thought we had a chance when we got up by 14. Our only hope was to get you out of your typical game plan. Alas, when you scored to keep it close, you were able to stick to your game plan and ultimately wear us down.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I doubt anyone was seriously comparing Stick to Payton. Just saying he is putting up stats that makes him a serious contender for the FCS offensive Payton award.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

O line was huge
    Bruce was the key...I know Stick got a lot of accolades for accounting for 6 TD, but I thought the constant pounding BA gave the UNI defense kept our d off the field so they could figure out their issues.

Western will be tough at home...need to hold onto the football, slippery grass or slippery turf...doesn't matter, need to make sure you hold on to the rock.