Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Week

Default Re: UNI Week

We have yet to show any real separation from them when we play them in the UNI-Dome during our run. I guess I'll believe that when it happens. I don't think we'll lose, but I do think it will be a tough game. I think we're 3 scores better, but I'd be surprised if the score reflects that.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Farley speaks......
    about the O-Line and playing #1

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...24e37e97d.html

Senior left tackle Cal Twait was named the MVFC Offensive Linemen of the Week after helping UNI rush for 293 yards in a 33-0 win over Indiana State.
    Twait is a 6’ 5” 305 senior from Manson, Iowa. Northern Iowa won a recruiting battle for his enrollment against other teams - including NDSU.

Twait is the LT. Other starters on the line include:

LG - 6’ 4” 312 JR Jackson Scott-Brown
    C - 6’ 4” 299 SR Ezra Sczyrbak
    RG - 6’ 4” 308 Soph Nick Ellis
    RT - 6’ 8” 290 Soph Spencer Brown
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-02-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    They will have a hard time competing on the recruiting trail with all 4 Dakota schools...reason

They don't offer COA in Football
    I think they do offer COA to football recruits but it's "as needed" and not necessarily tied to all their scholarship offers. I believe SDSU does the same.

In other words, the football recruits they're competing against NDSU for get offered COA.

Stadiums that have garage doors are for one thing.

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That's true, but my point was...

Their worst loss during the run was in the UNI-Dome... in a year where they were clearly the best team in the nation.

I don't think they've lost to Misery State during the run...
    The 2014 loss in the UNI Dome was a good thing for our team. That 33 game unbeaten streak was really taking a toll on the team. I mean, don't get me wrong, I never want to see us lose. But I really think that alleviated some pressure that a lot of those guys were feeling. I believe that football was starting to not be real fun for those seniors around that time.

Does anyone else kind of feel that although we didn't win the national championship in 2010, that "the run" started then?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    The 2014 loss in the UNI Dome was a good thing for our team. That 33 game unbeaten streak was really taking a toll on the team. I mean, don't get me wrong, I never want to see us lose. But I really think that alleviated some pressure that a lot of those guys were feeling. I believe that football was starting to not be real fun for those seniors around that time.

Does anyone else kind of feel that although we didn't win the national championship in 2010, that "the run" started then?
    I just dont understand what pressure you are talking about in regards to the winning streak.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just dont understand what pressure you are talking about in regards to the winning streak.
    What do you not understand? You could offer your opinion on the status of the team and program around that time like I did, for the sake of discussion. Maybe I'm off based, wouldn't be the first time.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. To me, the pressure mounts with every loss. And that starts with 1...

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post

It was the same group of guys. I’ll give you that. I guess I can hear the argument that the run SHOULD HAVE started then. Facts are facts. We didn’t win one yet...