Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Week

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Week

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    My best guess is he was pissed for the first few years the Bison were in the MVFC because they were voted as the preseason conference favorites in 2008 when UNI was coming off an undefeated regular season and that he really didn't like Bohl. Now that NDSU has established themselves as a conference heavyweight coached by one of his "friends" I think he shows a lot less animosity and more respect in reference to the Bison.
    I think you guys have somehow mistaken his ornery arrogance for humbleness. Probably has something to do with how distorted is the Bison view of things!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    He used to be a real jackass. What brought about the humbleness is a mystery.
    Age. .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Farley dreams every night about the good old days. The Dakota schools have made his job so much harder than it used to be. He used to have the pick of the upper midwest recruits that didn't go FBS, they were about the only game in town that was close. He had a very very large backyard to recruit out of without any competition. That is not the case anymore, NDSU SDSU and USD have pissed in his Cheerios and he is forced to eat it year after year after year. I believe the mellowing may be called acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Farley dreams every night about the good old days. The Dakota schools have made his job so much harder than it used to be. He used to have the pick of the upper midwest recruits that didn't go FBS, they were about the only game in town that was close. He had a very very large backyard to recruit out of without any competition. That is not the case anymore, NDSU SDSU and USD have pissed in his Cheerios and he is forced to eat it year after year after year. I believe the mellowing may be called acceptance.
    I like that better, particularly because it is one of the stages of Grief, and I like associating UNI players, coaches, and fans with grief. It just fits.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I think you guys have somehow mistaken his ornery arrogance for humbleness. Probably has something to do with how distorted is the Bison view of things!
    Damn hard to argue with that logic

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You forgot about the F'hawkers.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I like that better, particularly because it is one of the stages of Grief, and I like associating UNI players, coaches, and fans with grief. It just fits.
    That is exactly what I was going for as we have seen him progress through the stages, He denied we were going to make a impact on UNI when we transitioned, then he was always pissed off and Angry and grumbly, the bargaining and depression I would bet happened and now he just accepts it and takes it.

I suspect he is about to "retire" to a secluded forest or beach home and live a peaceful life dreaming about what could have been.

I suspect he is about to "retire" to a secluded forest or beach home
    Or a snake's shaped mountain with flowing rivers of lava.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    You forgot about the F'hawkers.
    So did the rest of the football world...

That is exactly what I was going for as we have seen him progress through the stages, He denied we were going to make a impact on UNI when we transitioned, then he was always pissed off and Angry and grumbly, the bargaining and depression I would bet happened and now he just accepts it and takes it.

I suspect he is about to "retire" to a secluded forest or beach home and live a peaceful life dreaming about what could have been.
    This is just fantastic. Someone needs to create a meme with pictures over the years displaying his various stages of grief.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!